SAU Community

VINS you want "fasted"

It does habe that but nismo cluster, also it doesnt illuminate and apparently converted to mechanical rear diff so no cooling fins & hydraulic piping is not present or has been removed?

I would not trust the Nismo Cluster, as it is aftermarket and they all have the A-LSD Light.

Also they are all 320 Km/h Speedos.

Legit R33 GTR V-Spec Clusters would all have 180 Km/h Speedos with the A-LSD Light.

apparently converted to mechanical rear diff so no cooling fins & hydraulic piping is not present or has been removed?

Don't think so, it would just be the Base Model set up.

Why would you bother down grading a V-Spec to a Base model? It would be pointless and a waste of time.

Did the seller tell you it was a V-Spec?

Maybe a weight thing to remove it all but like you said why would you bother! Its frustrating when people mod cars and they can lose their identity so the story of why things arent there check out, to be honest i would have eventually gone for at minimum a 1.5 way diff so it still would have lost its original alsd functionality anyway. Atm im currently rebuilding the engine so looks like i lucked out twice! Thats cars though, but i love it!

Yeah he did and i checked everything but he said it was converted to mechanical which i can understand as the alsd isnt as responsive as a normal lsd but yeah my hunch was right oh well

Ah well, if that's the case and the normal LSD is more responsive then the A-LSD, then it's some what a win for you :)

Also, there is nothing too special / different when comparing a Base Model VS a V-Spec.

Engine / Turbos are the same.

V-Spec's weight more / A less responsive A-LSD

Has firmer (Sportier) Suspension and a lower ground clearance but I assume you would have a set of aftermarket suspension hence making the stock setup irrelevant.

It's just bragging rights and a "V-Spec" sticker on the boot lid :P

Maybe a weight thing to remove it all but like you said why would you bother! Its frustrating when people mod cars and they can lose their identity so the story of why things arent there check out, to be honest i would have eventually gone for at minimum a 1.5 way diff so it still would have lost its original alsd functionality anyway. Atm im currently rebuilding the engine so looks like i lucked out twice! Thats cars though, but i love it!

True, unless it's a track car to save that every bit of weight, there is no point in removing it.

You rebuilding it or a workshop?

Haha yeah true (bragging rights) it has hks coil overs all round so that takes care of the stiffer suspension. Im building myself, not the machine work but everything else will be from my own hands. After a long 2 days i now have the engine out stripped and head off so over the next couple weeks ill be hunting parts etc and commencing forged rebuild with all oil mods etc if you look up Nissan skyline owners Australia on Facebook you can see pics of progression its a mammoth job lol

Haha yeah true (bragging rights) it has hks coil overs all round so that takes care of the stiffer suspension. Im building myself, not the machine work but everything else will be from my own hands. After a long 2 days i now have the engine out stripped and head off so over the next couple weeks ill be hunting parts etc and commencing forged rebuild with all oil mods etc if you look up Nissan skyline owners Australia on Facebook you can see pics of progression its a mammoth job lol

That's it.

Cool will have a look and all the best!