SAU Community

Help Me Decided..

mitchy_

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well, since my rims are looking a bit stained and marked, im going to get them powdercoated, and it just so happens there is a powder-coater next door to my work :blush:

anyway, they are currently white, but im contemplating black, or even gunmetal grey?

let me know what you all think!

post-15551-1154683681.jpg post-15551-1154683659.jpg post-15551-1154683625.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id say black since ive got black rims but upgrading to some nice gold ones in a couple of weeks and mitchy can i ask what kind of front bar that is ? mines all mangled after i hit a roo and would like to know the price of urs etc if u dont mind sorry for off topic

sam

Can you photo shop your picture so the rims are white, black and gunmetal grey??

Would make it easier to see which looks best :)

hah, i was waiting for someone to say that.

i was hoping someone would do it for me :sorcerer: ill get right onto it!

White FTW!!

White on white looks HAWT :)

or that bronze on white...that looks hawt to ;)

i do like the white on white, but do you know how hard it is to keep clean WHITE MESH rims?!

i washed them the other week, took about 30 mins per wheel, and thats just the face, not the back :)

whereas the black will hide the dirt/brake dust a bit more (not much i know, but hey!)

and fits in nicely with my white/black scheme...

and while bronze does look nice on white, every white rex has bronze rims, ruins it.

id say black since ive got black rims but upgrading to some nice gold ones in a couple of weeks and mitchy can i ask what kind of front bar that is ? mines all mangled after i hit a roo and would like to know the price of urs etc if u dont mind sorry for off topic

sam

its a trust front bar, cost me $500 + fitting and painting (probably about $1000 all up for a good job, i had other things done at the time, so i dont know an exact price)

black or similar grey colour

im leaning towards a dark grey now actually..

makes the wheel look dark, however the black almost makes it look 'pursuit rim spec' whereas dark grey still shows the spokes etc.

*takes a breath*

ps. the square brackets in your name stuff up the quoting mikey!!!

i got mine through cowley smash.

9350 5069

ring brett, and tell him mitch sent ya, he will look after you. :)

edit: just looking at the thumbnails on the pics i put up.

black looks hot! :)

Photoshop your current rims with a black surround. Give them some contrast. Otherwise try black with chrome surround. The rims on my black R33 are black with chrome surround.

geez, my photoshop skillz arent that good :)

doing a chrome/black lip would be hard with my rims, as they are single piece, and spokes merge into the surround, there is no definate line to coat up too :)

Argh, hand stuck up the leg of my jeans trying to scratch my leg.

Anyway, only change the flat section, nothing that goes vertical to the road at any point. I'd do it, but cbf.

They all look good, but the white on white with the stripe looks the best as it is now. But that said, with the dark tint & black stripe, black looks good!