SAU Community

R33 Stereo Installation Guide

NS2500

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great guide :D . I will using it for the installation of my new head unit (although I don't have a factory head unit in the car). Where did you order the tray at the bottom from?

They're on the way... I just have to do the install first.

The tray is a current model Pulsar tray from Nissan.

Sorry about the size guys, sometimes I take cable for granted. I'll optimise the page better for dialup users tonight.

-Greg.

Nice guide :D The only suggestion I'd make is instead of using the terminal blocks, I would go to SuperCheap or similar and purchase a Nissan adapter. It plugs into the factory Nissan loom and has flying leads at the other end. No butchering of the factory wiring required! :)

Originally posted by NS2500

They're on the way... I just have to do the install first.

If the speaker guide is as good as the head unit guide I'll use it too. Good job.

I'd love to but it's been about 18 months and I don't keep my packaging for that long :D

Here's what I do know: I bought mine from SuperCheap and it cost me about $5. You can get all kinds of adapters, like Nissan -> Kenwood, Toyota -> Pioneer etc, and also ones like the adapter I bought, which is a female Nissan plug going to flying leads, which you connect to the corresponding flying leads on the back of the plug supplied with your stereo.. If I go near SuperCheap (I live about a minute away) I'll get some more details and let you know.

The part I'm thinking of is an Aerpro AP7550 - Aftermarket Stereo to Nissan Harness. It was listed at $15.50 at SuperCheap, but as TT says, there's a pretty good chance they're not the only ones selling this kind of thing. Perhaps my price estimate was a little off though :D

I used an Aerpro double diversity antenna adaptor which I got from Autobarn, so I guess they stock them as well...

I wish I had of known about this earlier, oh well. :P

Here's the page with the wiring harness AP7550:

http://www.aerpro.com/cgi-bin/list.cgi?list=harnesses2

And the Nissan Diversity Adaptor AP348A:

http://www.aerpro.com/cgi-bin/list.cgi?list=antennas

Thanks heaps for the guide! Will be extremely useful (when I get my Skyline... soon).

I was just wondering, do you NEED to get the "Aerpro double diversity antenna adaptor" in order to get your antenna to work with your new stereo? Thanks.

King,

You don't necessarily -need- the adaptor if you can manage to rig up your own connector, but it's difficult as the factory connector is 2-pin (for the two antennas) combining two wires in to one.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...