SAU Community

R33 Stereo Installation Guide

NS2500

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know how to stopped the antenna from going up when stereo is on but radio is off?

also, when i installed my EBC, i used the wires from the cigar lighter. Everything works except that the radio reception is gone.

thanks in advance.

But that would be useless to most people without pics :)

NS2500: We have excactly the same headunit in our car, I'm going to take half of it out again so I can spray paint the plastic surround black. The grey colour doesn't match with my dash.

• 1 month later...

Howdy, just though you might like to update the link, as I get a 404 - Error not found when trying to load it!

Also I have just bought an R33 and it did not come with a stereo, as the guy wanted an extra $2000 for it, so now I have put just a cheapy in to get buy until I can get a half decent one, but for some reason, the dash clock now stays on all the time? I have unplugged it so it does not drain the battery, but can someone tell me what I have done wrong?

Thanks,

Ska

Greg,

Looks AWESOME! I am going to take your lovely wiring guide now and try to see what wires are connected to what as there is definatly something wrong as I could not get my stereo to work off what I thought was acc power, so I just bunged it on constant power, which is alright, just have to remember to turn it off, but an interesting side affect was that my dash clock now stayes on, so i just unplugged it.

But now I can really see what is what, THANKS!!!

Ska

• 2 weeks later...

I am such a dumbass..... was in such a hurry to change CDs today I accidentally missed the slot and shoved it into the R33 - like really INTO the car.

*sigh*

quick question... anyone know how to retrieve it without having to drag out the whole deck??

I am such a dumbass..... was in such a hurry to change CDs today I accidentally missed the slot and shoved it into the R33 - like really INTO the car.  

*sigh*  

quick question... anyone know how to retrieve it without having to drag out the whole deck??

Use the force???

I once found a Michael Jackson CD that had been lost in a car this way... Who knows what you might find behind there :crazy:

Nope, had to do it the long way and take out the deck..... Great Guide though!!!

(hard launches n stuff dont get enough Gs to push it out..... guess that's a sign for new intercooler??)

Anyhow, found a Doris Day CD in there!!! whoever that is....???

• 3 weeks later...

is this the same for installing an R32 deck. mine doesn't sit properlyt and I found out it doesn't have the standard brackets. gettingh them from Just jap. bought a new sleeve from nissan. if I follow the R33 guide will it fit the same? I can take the dash apart myself easy enough, so is fitting the same

mark

• 2 weeks later...
is this the same for installing an R32 deck. mine doesn't sit properlyt and I found out it doesn't have the standard brackets. gettingh them from Just jap. bought a new sleeve from nissan. if I follow the R33 guide will it fit the same? I can take the dash apart myself easy enough, so is fitting the same

mark

Fitting is straightforward, eg. screw the unit in where it fits! As to the wiring I'm not so sure. Does anyone know if the R32 wiring is the same? S1 and S2 R33 are the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi NS2500,

Thank you for your AeroPro links, they were most informative. My only question is this. I had as factory a tape and CD player, but it appeared that there were two wiring looms for the car.

I can only presume one is for the pwr, remote etc, and the other is for speakers etc. Given this, do you know where I can find the other loom (model no. etc,) to plug into the second factory adapter?

Thanks heaps for your help.

Has anyone installed the DEh-8500MP or DEH-850MP!!!!

I installed it yesterday but the outside bracket was too large to fit...does this mean i have to pull the headunit out further from the chasis so the frame can fit???

Thanks in advance