NS2500

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
just a quick question tho... The plastic insert for the bottom din... How does that go in... and do you need to buy the nissan one or is it just a standard insert you had to screw in??

Nissan one screws straight into the factory bracket (if you still have it, see pictures). I didn't have much luck with aftermarket ones, Pulsar ones from 2000-2001 (I think...) are cheap and fit fine.

• 2 weeks later...

great guide :)

Will definitely use it to change my head unit. Has jap jvc unit in it and have a lot of touble playing cd's. Been told it could be due to weak laser. Wont find a track.

NS,

how bout a door speaker, amp and sub install guide? :rave:

Went to Nissan was told the Pulsar one will not fit and to get this one for a FWD Pintara... I said u sure cause it doesent look right... Yes yes im sure i know what im doing...

Take it home... out by a mile...

Return to Nissan... wanta bracket to fit... took in the original OEM housing from the 33... Guys says no refunds on incorrect purchases... I say get f%$ked cause he was a smart arse about it... He kicks me out and says your not welcome here again...

Now i have no bracket nor a Nissan dealership to get parts from...

Hey guys, i just have a crappy tape deck in my series 1.5 gtst and not a double din peice, i have a tray with a door under it and was wondering if i fit a normal din headunit can i still just use this, as i think this would look heaps better than a tray.

• 2 months later...
I know it has already been asked.  But does anyone know if the wire colours are the same for the R32?

Installed a head unit today. The BNR32 wires were different colours to the R33 as posted. For the benefit of anyone else with an R32:

yellow - constant 12V

blue - acc / switchable 12V

blue(red trace) - luminance/dimmer

You can suss it out easy enough with a multimeter, and work out the speakers with a D-cell battery. The plug that has the power wires on it also hosts the front speakers. The other plug has the rears and the factory amp.

If I remember, I'll post the colours for the speakers, but I've left the old plug in the car and cant remember those ones 100%.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Just a quick question. What's the luminance/dimmer wire for and is very important? do i really have to hook it up since I cant find the correspond wire from my pioneer (DEH-770) head unit.

The dimmer wire is responsible for dimming the head unit when the lights are on. You know how when you turn the headlights on the climate control dims? It's just the same, but for your stereo. Some stereos don't have that feature, which is prob why you can't find it on the DEH-770.

If you aren't using it, just tape up the wire or blank it off, it's not important if you can't use it.

Mark

The dimmer wire is responsible for dimming the head unit when the lights are on. You know how when you turn the headlights on the climate control dims? It's just the same, but for your stereo. Some stereos don't have that feature, which is prob why you can't find it on the DEH-770.

If you aren't using it, just tape up the wire or blank it off, it's not important if you can't use it.

Mark

Thanks for your response Mark.

• 3 weeks later...
Went to Nissan was told the Pulsar one will not fit and to get this one for a FWD Pintara... I said u sure cause it doesent look right... Yes yes im sure i know what im doing...

Take it home... out by a mile...

Return to Nissan... wanta bracket to fit... took in the original OEM housing from the 33... Guys says no refunds on incorrect purchases... I say get f%$ked cause he was a smart arse about it... He kicks me out and says your not welcome here again...

Now i have no bracket nor a Nissan dealership to get parts from...

That blows dude. I'd complain to ACC. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Greg,

I need HELP!!!!!!!!!! On Saturday night a friend and I were changing the deck to my new JVC deck. We rigged everything up and tested and it worked fine. After fixing all that we had heaps of time left over so we decided to rig my subs and amps as well.

I had to find a ground for the amp so I decided to use the same grounding point as the one for the battery. When I unsrewed the bolt for the wire to the battery and spark went off. Thinking t was nothing I left it and fished the job. When we turned the deck on the reception was crap for the radio and the cd player on the deck would not work. I can't even eject my cd out of the damn thing.

Have I just screwed up my deck and maybe the whole bloody thing?

P.S the instructions were great. Thanks man

Regards,

John

*** UPDATED: New Link (again) ***

Hi all,

I've just completed a quick guide to installing/replacing the head unit in an R33. Please check it out and let me know any comments or if I've forgotten anything important.

http://r33stereo.groovesystems.net  

I hope someone out there will find this useful.

Cheers,

Greg.