SAU Community

R33 Stereo Installation Guide

NS2500

Ey bro, that’s guide was heaps of help man. Installing my friends deck, I tock us more than 1-2 hours, but we finally did it. Lol thanks again bro.

Keep up the good work

DUsh

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the guide mate, great effort

i went to a nissan dealer and the Din pocket the dude gave me was: 68475-35F00

think it was from a 2004 pulsar: $36.50, it fits no probs, u can get the proper Din pocket imported from Japan but it costs a hefty $85

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
ANybody know about the pocket - close to $40 is too much

hey ben, before u ask AGAIN :lol: i have had a look at a few different pockets and all nissan ones i have seen seem to bolt on in the same places. best bet would be go to a wrecker a get one from a recent as possible pulsar.

Thanks Siks - Im going to pull it apart today and put the new deck in then add a pocket to suit.

Cheers! :)

you have to put the pocket in at the same time as you put the cd player in, because you have to pull everything apart again if you want to put a pocket in later (like me!) :angry:

Link works now :)

Funny thing is my fascia fits whenthe side metal backets are on...however when I go to install it the skyline instrument surround won't go down over it (So I guess my unit must be sitting further out in relation to the bracket causing this fouling. Maybe I'll see if there is another spot I can screw it into. Only other option is to chisel out the fascia but in my case so it sits over the top of the black skyline insrument surround...

Good guide there!

Ah, then use this guy's guide, and simply drill some new holes in the bracket a bit further BACK, so the HU facia can sit behind the instrument surround. Should look very tidy if you do that =-]

I was going to do this before I read this guys article, but I needed to bring it back about 2mm... you can't really drill a hole 2mm back, so my only option was to widen the holes horizontally, much like the CD-ROM screw-holes in a PC case for adjusting the depth of the CDROM. Trimming a little of the facia was heaps quicker.

I just went to Nissan and got a brand newie pulsar pocket - fits nicely - other nissan ones may have fit but couldndnt be bothered checking.

$33 - a lot for a bit of plastic but looks good now.

Though while Im at it I've decided to peel all the rubber/silicone coating off the dash surround and paint it. I'm going to use Matt Black paint ($3 at pig W). The paint I have gives a textured type feel. I did the drivers side power window surround about 6 months ago - looks good and has held up to the test of time so far.

I peeled all the material off - used a bit of thinner - the occasioinal rough up with the file to disturb it and fingers to get it all off.

The vents dont seem to come out easy - there is one sort of rivet type screw to stop you taking these out - Might tape them up before the spray

Thanks guys!

PS Is it an easy fix while I have everything off to stop the air con click clicking when you change temp and at random times?

Edited by benl1981