SAU Community

R33 Stereo Installation Guide

NS2500

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My A/C clicks too... someone once said that it was on the heaterbox that the problem is. I still get different temps and everything, so I haven't been bothered to look into it. Let me know if you find the source of the cause!

Interesting about the dash plastic... I bought my car with none on it. It's just a really rough texture atm. If I try and clean it with kitchen paper, it shreds it. =-/

I want to paint it, but I CBF pulling the whole thing out and painting it. =-[

I'm suprised yours is rough. When the silicon/rubber comes off it is incredibly smooth and glossy - just balck palstic.

Only did it cause I had all the bits 9/10s out. Should have taken it off to start with - a lot easier getting the stereo in and out..

My ac works fine etc - just thought id ask in case there was a simple fix , while I had things out.

Heh... we don't know! I thought it was normal! =-[

Ben: yeah.. dunno man.. it hasn't been painted before. I think the clear was taken off ages ago, and the sun had its way with it

• 2 months later...

Thanks very much. Having just had some low-life steal break in and steal my stereo as well as bust up my car, it's great to find a wiring loom colour code so easily.

Keep up the good work!

• 1 year later...
is it necessary to disconnect the -ve terminal of the battery b4 installation?

Yes, its a very good idea to avoid shorts + sparks while cutting and joining wires.

If you use a 10mm (i think) spanner it'll only take 30 seconds to take it off.

why does your air-con click, mine does the exact same thing and i'm art a aloss as to where to start with it.....

whewn I asked my mech about the air con clicking he said it was just the condenser turing itself on and off...

• 3 months later...
http://www.aerpro.com.au/list.php?pcode=AP...o=&cat_sno=

that's the wiring harness adaptor that we can use for connecting aftermarket head units to the factory loom...dont know what its priced at though..

I just bought this stuff all at Autobarn, mainly because I'm lazy. Its a 2 min walk from where I work!

Wiring Harness (AP7550) - $19.99

Diversity Adaptor (AP348A) - $12.99 ***NOTE*** There is a AP348B, looks similar and costs the same, but not the same part. I made this mistake :)

Facia Kit (FP997417) - $37.99

Not 100% sure if the Facia Kit will work (it should, previous posts said 1995 and older Nissan parts would do... right?), will find out and post it up :O

EDIT - Decided to post up all the prices for all to see, and laugh at how ripped off I may have been :laugh:

Edited by Cassbo

• 2 months later...

great stuff mate very good guide! will be reffering to this again very soon. i already have an aftermarket HU but will be upgrading to a double din 7" screen, so in theory the current loom will hook straight up to my new HU? out with the old in with the new!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

dude good find. want to do wat theyve done in step 5 (wiring ). ive currently got the plug thingo but want to use the distribution terminal block instead. only problem is that i dont know wat connects to wat after ive cut it. looks like some colours dont actually connect to anything :S anyone got a DIY?

• 8 months later...

the amount of times ive attempted to bother to do this with my r33 have given up, this is accutally a good guide thanks heaps mate. f**king r33 with its bitch dash assembly.

tommo

f**king r33 with its bitch dash assembly.

tommo

What exactly is hard about it?

I did an install in a R33 (head unit only) in under an hour and didn't cut one factory wire