SAU Community

How Much Oil In Rb25det?

VKYOOT

I changed my oil today as it turns out.

I let it drain for about 10min, took off the filter and replaced with a new one.

I use Redline oil so one big bottle is 3.7lt and then around 2/3 of the a 0.95l bottle i.e. ~600ml. for a toal of ~4.3l

Comes out right on the line after a run my car and let it sit for a while.

Never overfill!

• 12 years later...

Just did my oil, and my driveway isn't flat, so there's a bit of guesswork involved in the level. Took the old oil back to Supercheap for recycling and checked it again on the flat after letting it sit for 5 min - just below the top mark ?

I thought it would need a bit more, as the 5litre bottle seemed to have quite a bit left.

What is the danger in over filling?

I've heard others mention "a bit" over the top mark is fine - is this true? should you never exceed the top line?

cheers

Mike

8 hours ago, mikel said:

Just did my oil, and my driveway isn't flat, so there's a bit of guesswork involved in the level. Took the old oil back to Supercheap for recycling and checked it again on the flat after letting it sit for 5 min - just below the top mark ?

I thought it would need a bit more, as the 5litre bottle seemed to have quite a bit left.

What is the danger in over filling?

I've heard others mention "a bit" over the top mark is fine - is this true? should you never exceed the top line?

cheers

Mike

Its quite normal to overfill for track use so don't panic if you drop a bit more in. But it makes sense to put about 4L in and then dip it. Assume that you will replace the oil filter every time.