SAU Community

Post Up Your R33!

nizmo_freek

So I sold my Stagea drifter and bought a beater R33.

Here's how it looked a week ago:

Adams-R33-front.jpg

r33-bros-2.jpg

How it looks now:

07b420e0c0e911e2ba6922000a1fb733_7.jpg

cc9283b0c11c11e2963d22000a1f9cad_7.jpg

5c29494cc29311e2a3e722000a9f09d0_7.jpg

Plans are to paint the P1's the grey 2 tone colour, run 16/17 stagger with rim to guard on le rear. I've got a nice subtle kit coming together and a few other things. Mainly just setup to be a basic street/drift car.

Ill be really honest, the two dont even compare to each other even driving around the streets.

The GTR just feels so much more rugged, sports car orientated. Poor turning circle, sit low, and harsh ride, feels so much wider etc

And as soon as you give it some stick, and corning the gap widens greatly!

The GTST feels more like a everyday car that is sporty if that makes sense.

Sit higher, easier to cruise around in, more comfy etc.

Still love driving around in both tho! would never swap either for a holden or ford!! lol

Hahaha good on you. Wow I wouldn't have guessed that. How about the evo 7 compared to the gtr? I'm guessing the 33 wins out if you have that now and sold the lancer? ;)

I only ask because I'm considering getting an evo 7/8 as my next car and when I was younger all the SPEED magazines and Best Motoring videos compared the evo 7 to the r34 gtr. So I gather it must be good. :)

Loved the Evo 7! LOVED it! Very practical as my daily, having 4 doors and never seemed to get pulled over in it. Comfortable, clean, easy to drive...

Easier to find a good nic Evo 7/8 then it is to find a decent 32/33 GTR.

I just missed the rugged feeling of the GTR over the Evo. Loved the straight line speed, of the GTR and the overall feel of it. But kw for kw the evo would have smashed the gtr if the road was stupidly twistie but apart from that GTR hands down for me.

Ah, that's great to hear, thanks. There's a very good chance that's what I'll get when the time comes. That is, when I'm ready to swallow my pride and take the power decrease for a cornering rocket :P

• Like 1

So I sold my Stagea drifter and bought a beater R33.

Here's how it looked a week ago:

Adams-R33-front.jpg

r33-bros-2.jpg

How it looks now:

07b420e0c0e911e2ba6922000a1fb733_7.jpg

cc9283b0c11c11e2963d22000a1f9cad_7.jpg

5c29494cc29311e2a3e722000a9f09d0_7.jpg

Plans are to paint the P1's the grey 2 tone colour, run 16/17 stagger with rim to guard on le rear. I've got a nice subtle kit coming together and a few other things. Mainly just setup to be a basic street/drift car.

Hasemi Sport front lip, NAO!