SAU Community

Post Up Your R33!

nizmo_freek

Nice work dude, always good when you achieve something like that without f**king everything up :) but why generic old carbon wrap? so many different cool options around

It was just a trial run, really. Its only the cheap autotechnica stuff. I thought the dark bonnet would look alright on the white.

What other options do you mean?

It was just a trial run, really. Its only the cheap autotechnica stuff. I thought the dark bonnet would look alright on the white.

What other options do you mean?

Don't get me wrong. Carbon is nice,but every second Commo has a black or carbon bonnet. :verymad:

I had a 3M Brushed metal on mine......but it kinda looked like primer from a distance, still loved it though. Hard to get a good photo of with a phone.

post-62717-0-38692500-1417428065_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Me and a couple of mates had a crack at vinyl wrapping my bonnet, turned out pretty good for a bunch of amateurs

carbon_zps85da5328.jpg

carbon2_zps44d755d9.jpg

I had my wing blade and end caps wrapped a while ago, the only thing I didn't like was the Matte look. Might be a case of each to their own, but I wonder if you sprayed gloss over the top (maybe even some clear Vinyl) if it would get that nice wet carbon look.

Looks pretty good for an Amateur job, wouldn't be upset running that at all

• 4 weeks later...

^Work D9Rs?

I wish, they're a Rota P1-R.

I definitely wanted front dish, but with the Gtst's narrow guards and "lumpy" front caliper, I wasn't sure if an D9R would clear at the front in a 9.5 wide rim. The +12 offset may have cleared? But then I may as well have got a 18x10+18 XD9 with the amount of guard work/camber that would have been required.

If it turns out that the D9R clears the front caliper in a 18x9.5+23, that will become an incredibly popular wheel choice for Gtst's in the year to come, for sure.