SAU Community

Dyno Results

PhilGTR

Hey guys,

I finally got around to getting my car tuned after spending lots of time and money to get it all right but there is always something that isnt right! The guys at Unique autosport said that my turbos r no good and that the wastegate is not opening properly and because of that i dont get full boost till 5500rpm! Kinda like a t04z at the lower end but half of it at the top! Even tho my mechanic reckons they were brand new r34 n1's. Looks like im going to be chasing him down to get some new turbos!! grrr.

PowerFC

Greddy prefc b spec 2

ACL forged pistons, rings and bearings

n1 oil and water pump

Full turbo back exhaust

Apexi pods

Nismo pump

r34n1turbos

stock everything else

253.3 kw with a safe 11.5:1 AFR.

post-23859-1157173645.jpg

Edited by PhilGTR

Hey guys,

I finally got around to getting my car tuned after spending lots of time and money to get it all right but there is always something that isnt right! :) The guys at Unique autosport said that my turbos r no good and that the wastegate is not opening properly and because of that i dont get full boost till 5500rpm! Kinda like a t04z at the lower end but half of it at the top! Even tho my mechanic reckons they were brand new r34 n1's. Looks like im going to be chasing him down to get some new turbos!! grrr. :)

I have on my car

PowerFC

Greddy prefc b spec 2

ACL forged pistons, rings and bearings

n1 oil and water pump

Full turbo back exhaust

Apexi pods

Nismo pump

Heres my dyno graph, what do u guys think? turbo problem for sure?? A safe 11.5:1 AFR.

post-23859-1157173645.jpg

Seems reasonable at 15psi ?

I produced 292rwkw at 18psi with aftermarket HKS turbos and stock internals with all the other minor mods similer to yours

Edited by monga

If thats what UAS say, i'd believe them.

Its not like they are a donkey workshop that gives bad advice from what ive seen :)

Power is spot on what you should expect, just need to fix the response. So from a power perspective i'd be very very pleased. So all it not lost :)

You just need to address the gate issue, it could be lazy actuator or similar whjch is a minor problem to solve

EDIT: you have R34 N1's? I think i mis-read... if so, then response is still a problem, and 18-20psi will net you around 300rwkw

Ok this looks most likely to be a turbo problem. however you could mak a little more power with a 12.3:1 Af ratio. This is a question of taste but i like a car with a 12.3 Af ratio on full bosst cuz there is more power to be had ( not big gains but a little better). and i think youd be benefitting more from some tomai poncams 260 duration and a 9.15mm lift with some head work done. if i can remember correctly arnt the N1 turbo's supposed to be a little more responsive than what the is putting out. If its the wastegats that are malfunctioning try finding a reaplacement actuator for it. do you have some injectors fitted, if you dont id say its time for some bigger ones and run 17-19 psi of boost on the N1 turbos. dude you drive a GTR live like you drive it ( read: drive with all the power you can get)

PS if youre tired of response times and dont want to invest much in gain, just shoot some 50HP worth of nitrous whe raing works like a charm

Edited by Faid

Yeah the top end power isnt too bad but they reckon i am still robbed maybe 10-15kw top end and massively in response. I will see what the problem is with the gate, unique reckon my actuators r fine though. A sticky wastegate?

Also i think he did a run bit leaner at one stage at 14.5psi and it hit about 260rwkw. I am still using 440cc injectors at the moment. Hopefully once i fix up this problem i will get some cam gears as well. The head has been polished when it was rebuilt. And r34N1 turbos r meant to be way more responsive hence i am questioning whether they are n1's or not or just the wastegate is somehow stuffed.

And r34N1 turbos r meant to be way more responsive hence i am questioning whether they are n1's or not or just the wastegate is somehow stuffed.

And thus the fun of modifying a car begins :)

You gotta find out what the problem is now. Did you check the numbers on the turbos before installation?

Im sure John and the guys can work it out

And thus the fun of modifying a car begins :)

You gotta find out what the problem is now. Did you check the numbers on the turbos before installation?

Im sure John and the guys can work it out

Well you see i have been going to my mechanic for a while now and i probably trusted him too much. He got them off another workshop and he reckons they are the real deal. But i think i have been had so im going to hassle him out on monday!

Well ben and Tim at unique all reckon they arent the right turbos. And i believe em too..

HHMMMMM,

My brother's GTR tuned with nismo n1s by matthew spry has i would say an identical power curve to yours. GTRs are laggy, they feel crisp because of their multiple throttle bodies. I dont know how the car drives, but from your dyno graph, everything looks perfect apart from maybe lack on some top end power, but maybe the extra top end on my bros gtr is due to cam gears (set for more overlap).

GTR running nismo n1s, 550cc injectors and 18 psi. Dyno was pits before recalibration. But compare power curve and youll see its very similar.

gtr19powersmalljr5.jpg

Edited by 180bfj20det

HHMMMMM,

My brother's GTR tuned with nismo n1s by matthew spry has i would say an identical power curve to yours. GTRs are laggy, they feel crisp because of their multiple throttle bodies. I dont know how the car drives, but from your dyno graph, everything looks perfect apart from maybe lack on some top end power, but maybe the extra top end on my bros gtr is due to cam gears (set for more overlap).

GTR running nismo n1s, 550cc injectors and 18 psi. Dyno was pits before recalibration. But compare power curve and youll see its very similar.

gtr19powersmalljr5.jpg

Hmmmm interesting.. it is very similar. However from what everyone tells me my turbos shouldnt be that laggy and it just doesnt feel that good to drive when i only get fun after 5000rpm.

i wonder what the first 10x10 cells of the IGN and INJ map look like?

are you able to post them up, just by writing them down by pen ?

Im still in the stage of trying to learn how to use the pfc. How do i view that??

Edited by PhilGTR

Anything before the R34 N1's are "average" and would give response like above.

If they are true R34 N1's, then you definately have a problem.

Until you find out what turbos they actually are, people cant really help without guessing

Anything before the R34 N1's are "average" and would give response like above.

If they are true R34 N1's, then you definately have a problem.

Until you find out what turbos they actually are, people cant really help without guessing

Well i got my turbos checked out and they are apparently r34n1's. And my mechanic reckons there are to different size r34n1's? Like the housing size. is this true?? He said I have the bigger ones. But also he said I have stock dump pipes still which may cause the extra lag? Would a set of good split dumps help??

Thanks guys