SAU Community

Replacing The O2 Sensor

lows_13

I'm looking to replace the O2 sensor on my R32 Skyline,

is anyone aware of any generic options available other than

a genuine Nissan sensor?

I found this part number on the NGK website for a RB25 (OZA395-E2), but there wasn't one listed for the RB20.

Are the RB20 & RB25 O2 sensors the same?

Can O2 sensors be cleaned at all?

Edited by lows_13

hi there i just bought a NTK which on the box also states NJK o2 sensor from autobarn tweed heads (online i bought it ) for $148 delivered for my r32 fitted good works fine ,no complaints here couldnt find one anywhere else ,i just emailed them paid the money and 3-4 days later received it in the mail easy ! had same connection as im only a new r32 owner first time i hope i wasnt ripped off ? did i get a reasonable price ? anyone?

the thing with buying a 'universal' sensor is that it may have different resistance, etc, to the standard unit. buying something that is designed for that model is best as you know it is going to have the right tolerances, and give the ecu the right info.

and NGK do one for a rb20. when i ordered mine for my rb25, i saw the rb20 listing directly underneath it in the book at autobarn. mine cost me about $110. it is the same out as in a SSS pulsar.

UPDATE. I emailed the guys form eBay in regards to the R33 O2 Sensor, to see if a universal 3 wire would fit, here is the reply. SO

i'm getting the NGK one.

"this sensor is not suitable for the skyline. they use a titania tipped sensor, which we do not sell.

regards

scott"

yep mad is right, the titania ones are gtr only.

not sure what type gtst uses.

ask your local repco, they should know :)

r33 can use ford el falcon (its easier to ask for at repco)

its just a generic 3 wire aca type sensor

it comes as wires, no plug. theres probably a suitable part no# to get that has the correct plug but i dont know what it is