SAU Community

265's On A 9 Inch Rim For R32 Gtr

R32 Zilla

I have just ordered some WORK XD9's which are 18 x 9 in size, with a +20 offset.

If possible, I want to run 265's all round.

Does anyone know if 265's with that offset will cause me problems on an R32 GTR?

I know that 265's are wide for a 9 inch rim, but will it effect the handling a noticible amount?

Thanks

Tim.

I have just ordered some WORK XD9's which are 18 x 9 in size, with a +20 offset.

If possible, I want to run 265's all round.

Does anyone know if 265's with that offset will cause me problems on an R32 GTR?

I know that 265's are wide for a 9 inch rim, but will it effect the handling a noticible amount?

Thanks

Tim.

You can even go to a 275 depending on the brand you're using. Just do the homework and check the manufacturers tyre specs you may be surprised.

Do not run more than 255 on 9 inch rims for the GTR32.

There might be some issues with the front tyres rubbing on the guards at full lock.

Also you will have better cornering with 255 tyres and you won't be hit by the higher price tags.

Did you get the gunmetal?...I have them (18 by 10 )on my GTR33 here is a pic.

post-29124-1158234095.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

Ronin 09 ...... So you have those wheels fitted to an R32? Do they rub on the front guards at full lock? What is the offset for R34 GTR wheels?

700HP-GTR33 ....... I got the Bronze ones. Get them tomorrow. Now just got that difficult tyre choice.

i have a set of 265s on my 18x9, they are baggy and feel a bit slow to react when turning... i'd stick with 245 or 255.... you'll get better handling, and in a GTR you don't need the grip of that extra 10mm, because you have 4wd.

All GTR Rims are offset correctly for all GTR's so asking about offsets aint gonna do you no good.

The trouble with a GTR32 is the width at the front needs to be the same as the width at the back ,so,

even if you can run wider tyres at the back you are not able to run them at the front.

That is if you want to keep your front guards standard.

:)

I was also under the impression that all 4 tyres on a GTR need to be the same width in order to keep the attessa system happy. If not, I would run 265's on the rear and 255 up front.

I could get both front and rear in 35 series so that the rolling diameter stays the same.

Can anyone else confirm ?

Thanks

Tim.

Tim, if you change the width and keep the profile the same the rolling diameter changes too... see the 'section' (height) of the tyre is a percentage measure of the width, so:

265/35 has a height of 92.75mm

255/35 has a height of 89.25mm

cheers

Ive heard this before, why do the front and rears need to be the same width, i would have thought as long as the rolling diameter is the same, you could run different widths ie: 245/40(f) and 275/35®

That's right, but best way to keep exactly the same rolling diameter is to use exactly the same sized tyres...