SAU Community

Difference Between Redtop And Silver Top Rb20

black sky

I think i might just try and find a silver top rb20 this engine does sound good but with my luck it'll break and i'll be stuck trying to find parts thanks for the posts guys.

Cheers

anthony

anth... jam an RB25 in it already man. rosh has like 11ty billion lying around. don't be tight. then jam my TD0625G on it and you're laughing :)

anth... jam an RB25 in it already man. rosh has like 11ty billion lying around. don't be tight. then jam my TD0625G on it and you're laughing :rofl:

Yea i wish i just want the car back at the moment it's just been problems after problems.

it's now been in melbourne for about 7 months

Cheers

anthony

are these butterflys easy to remove and will this change the performance of the engine?

get rid of them. They are easy enough. And it will probably help you in the performance department. Im not too sure if anything has to be fiddles with the ECU or not (in terms of it activating, and thinking the butterflies are in use etc)

anth, this engine just sounds like an extra hassle to have to deal with. go stock R32 RB20 or R33 RB25DET, get it done easily and quickly and drive the car. Your car has been on the hoist long enuff.

Yea i know it's been on the hoist for way to long and i guess i should stop changing stuff so i can actually drive the damn thing. but now the guy who is suposed to paint my car cause he stuffed it up the first time is refusing to do it so now Roshan's going to paint it for me.

Cheers

anthony

• 15 years later...

hay guy. New here. So I have myself a red top I am want photo if possible of the vacuum line for the butterfly set up. And all the parts like solenoid,relay, etc if anyone could help be the most helpful. Search net wide and far but this close I've read to info and people have them running. 

Cheers nz