SAU Community

Slidewise Skid Pan Day

3intheBack

Flyer28_10_06.pdf

Just in case any of you guys are interested, the above attachement is a copy of the flyer for the next skid pan day that we are having on Sat 28 Oct.

I hope I dont get done for plagarising "Slidewise." It was a name that we thought up and then found out it was already being used as a business name of one of SAU's sponsor.

It evolved from the following line of thought:

Wheelspin + Boost = Action

Action + Opposite Lock = Control

Control + Education = Style

Action + Control + Style = Slidewise

This basically sums up the day - not just to have fun, but to learn how to slide and control your car in numerous situations - a bit like a defensive driving course, but not so sappy. Plus we have a few competitions with prizes etc. One of them being a dyno run.

We limit the day to 14 cars on a 4 min rotation so we all get heaps of track time.

For a brief preview see the links below of my Stagea on a couple of the courses

Edited by 3intheBack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i was out there for a little while. was rather boring to watch. they put a bus on the skidpan. got the inside wheel to spin, but no sideways action. should've welded the diff up.

i or 2 good drivers out there. warren in the stagea was good, as was a guy in a vl turbo, and a guy in a 5.0L falcon. aaron in his r33 must've had rather bald tyres as it would spin the wheels pretty much at idle.

i still don't understand why people go out to skid pans in a car with an open wheel diff. it makes life much harder, and less fun.