SAU Community

R32 Gtr Car Pc

ceedub

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ceedub,

do you have a dvd/cd drive hooked up to your carputer?

I'm wondering how to mount a dvd drive and this LCD touch screen. Seen some units on mp3car.com which combine the two into a single DIN or a double DIN unit, they seem like a good idea.

My dvd/cd drive is on the laptop, since I mainly listen to Mp3's etc I am not too fused about it.

Liliput does have another type I have attached it here - basically a retractable screen that fits into one DIN space which would leave room for a DVD unit etc.

Price is more expensive around 350 to 400AUD (based on a single unit)

GL701_NP.doc

• 2 months later...
still doing the group buy? PM me if you are!

I am in if someone can help me set this up with a laptop initially and give me advice to buy and setup a proper mini-atx solution - I am definately NOT a computer geek, will need help.

Thanks

Sorry guys,

I haven't had much time to work on this lately.

My main concern was not enough genuine interest plus getting a final price as I am unsure how much customs is going to charge for this.

If anyone has some advise on this...

Also the unit I have has been performing very well but it does get hard to read the display in sunny weather. I'll have to inquire about a transreflective(?) version as I don't want to bring them over like this unless people aren't fussed.

• 3 months later...

FM Radio??? - who listens to FM radio anymore, with gigs of mp3s.... :O

You could add a radio card. RoadRunner (frontend) supports this.

Alternativelly I have a FM radio in my mobile which I have hooked up into the amps. Reception isn't quite good though.

• 3 weeks later...