SAU Community

R33 Buckled Rear Wheel

Nismo_God

Hi All,

Friday night I tried to avoid an accident and ended up spinning and hitting a gutter, thank god it was at a reasonably low speed. The other car also hit the gutter but didnt damage anything and just drove away. What has happened to my car is the wheel was twisted. being the unlucky person i am the wheel wasnt buckled, part of the rear wheel assembly was twisted. I spent all day yesterday trying to pull the twisted part off. For those who know the rear wheel area, the part twisted is the triangle shaped part. I plan to try and find a wrecked 96 S2 33, an replace the part and see if anything else is ok. What I need help is

-does anyone have a car I can take this part off?

-does anyone know if this part is the same of other models?

-has anyone had the same problem? and what did they do?

-how much would it cost to just get the professionals to do the work?

Thanks, any help will be much appreciated

I haven't personally done what you have done, but I have replaced numerous suspension components on my car.

Furthermore, I have helped other friends with skylines who have smashed into kerbs.

What we did, was to just take off the parts that are obviously bent. Other bits may not look damaged, but they might still be slightly out. Try and measure other bits and compare it to the other side, and see if the're the same etc.

Generally, the bolts on most of those components are pretty tight, so you'll need a good length breaker bar. other than that, they're all pretty easy to change.

Wreckers can be expensive. People have been wrecking r33s recently in the for sale section, so your best bet would be to go back thorugh the for sale pages, and try and find the latest one. They would most liekly still have the bit you need, because those parts aren't exaclty highly sought after.

Chris

Thanks guys, might have confused some ppl....its a bent/twisted arm to the wheel, not the actual wheel. Thanks for the info....but still very interested in hearing from as many ppl as possible. Thanks

I just had a look in nissan fast and its the same part no for all models in the r33 incl gtr

Thanks for the info...can u tell me where u got it from so I can have a look for future reference....thanks

The Nissan Fast Program, I dont know where to get it now as I DL it from a link on here as a Bit Torrent and that link is gone. do a search maybe someone has rehosted it.

• 6 years later...

remove the other 2 bolts so it's movable. as you can see in picture one, that bolt is at an angle. A-line the bolt vertically, by moving the triangle shaped part. when the bolt is vertical, it should come out by hitting the triangle shaped part downwards.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 12/7/2013 at 7:39 PM, GeeDog said:

I sold the car 4 years ago

Because you couldn't get that bit apart??

Haha...Just couldn't figure it out...he just took too long to come back to me

4 minutes ago, Nismo_God said:

Haha...Just couldn't figure it out...he just took too long to come back to me

I look forward for the next post in a few years!