SAU Community

The All New Bmw 3 Series Coupe...

Xander

Hey Guys,

I was bored as at work so I thought I would look into the new BMW 3 Series Coupe :sorcerer: . I caught something on the TV the other night about the engine being a first of its kind or some rubbish :dry: ...maybe for BMW, but not the Australian car market.

Reading the information published on http://www.bmw.com.au/, it states ' ...the first straight-six complete with a twin turbocharger, high-precision fuel injection, and an all-aluminium crankcase.' It produces 225 kws from a twin turbo 3 litre six, which is pretty good and comes with a 6 speed manual or automatic.

As nice as this is, I would still have an R34 GTR, Series 8 RX7 or Twin Turbo Supra over one of these, but hey it looks good. I think the only BMW I would buy, would be the M5/ M6, if I was to buy a BMW.

What are your comments? Would you give up your Skyline or whatever you drive for a BMW 3 Series Coupe? And if you had to buy a BMW what would it be and why?

The new 335i is I reckon, the best looking coupe in the BMW range at the moment, been a 3litre twin turbo direct injection straight six plus rear wheel drive and its a BMW, it would be a fun car on the track too.

So I would have a BMW 335i as daily driver and a R34 GTR as weekend/track car. Perfecto! :sorcerer:

I'd take one of the 2005 Lamborghini Murcielago and 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse!! :D !! I love the orange, god I wish they imported the Eclipse to Australia.

The Eclipse was ruined for me by the movie 2Fast2Furious...

hahaha, this exact thing came up with my dad. He's ordered a 335i, hoping January delivery (was originally march, april).

I'm like dad, get a R34 GTR V-Spec, would f*cken hammer! Chuck some leather in there if you really wanted :D I mean, you guys are right, at that age he's keen on a real performer like a R34 GTR, but the luxury of a BMW coupe is just too much to pass by. Add to that the near current M3 performance, it's a VERY tasty package.

I look forward to "BATTLES!!" with the 335ci. Going to need to "modify" the R34 to get it up to scratch me thinks :) I can't wait to to see how it goes.

In reference to the first engine of it's kind here, might be referring to the direct injection? Not sure. The lag is suppose to be very negligible in these too, so should be heaps of fun.

Now where's that option list :) I always get him to add some extra goodies to his BM's :)

19's... harmon kardon speakers (george lucas certified! ha!)...

i'll keep you guys posted ;)

In reference to the first engine of it's kind here, might be referring to the direct injection? Not sure. The lag is suppose to be very negligible in these too, so should be heaps of fun.

I beleive it's the first twin turbo straight six petrol engine with an all aluminium crankcase. No, it didn't get me excited either.

I saw one of these today, 325 though, but i gotta say looked very nice. Heaps longer looking than the old 46.

But you guys have forgotten one of the coolest beeemer coupes, see pic below of my little sr20 project......What do you reckon bmw will give me for it as a trade.... lol

post-3771-1161345036.jpg

dad got a 335i for the weeked (from sat arvo)

had a quick spin before work today. It doesn't feel quick because it's just so damn smooth! Quicker than my R34 but my 34 feels quicker?

The gear changes are freaky quick, amazed and how quick it could downshift.

No lag (that's prob because the underlying 3ltr straight six is so responsive) Can't tell it's a turbo car, although it's prob running quite small turbo's.

Ride very comfy, but stable in the corners. Run-flat tyres are fine, don't know what all the crap about them is.

Paddles take a little getting use to.

Bottom line. VERY deceiving speed, a lot quicker than it feels... once you look at the tacho :laugh:

Awesome car. Time to mod the R34 :)

took a few quick pics, will post 'em up soon

you could say almost every jap car was ruined by fast n furious...

edit: mustang with skyline motor really did it for me. anyone got any specs of it?

Edited by thorpe84