SAU Community

Diy R34 Manual Conversion Using R33 Parts

E_Lu-SHuN

oh btw....one of the ways to tell the diff with the 33 and 34 box would be the position the slave cylinder (left of the fork"Pull" and right of the fork"push")...hence the push or pull type clutch

Hey E_Lu-SHuN

Fitted my PFC and ran it up and the air con and everything works fine. The only thing I did notice was that it sounded like the controls for the fan unit where it diverts it to the face/feet/window etc. made some clicking noises then after a few seconds it went away.

Sounds like the air con issue is happening to a few guys, could be a setting in the control unit maybe if its happened to a few people?

Giulian

• 3 weeks later...

OK so i all the mech stuff done now.

On to the wiring, mine seems to be similar as someone else posted, when i neutral the reverse switch cicruit is closed, when in reverse it opens. How do i get around this?

And the speedo sensor plug is different, some people's seem to be the same? Can i just wire this up to the one in the car?

hey, thats the one thing that i forgot to document...the speed signal. i know i didnt change mine so it must of been wired up to the plug..ill double check with that...have to get under the car.

reverse circuit closed, so the reverse light goes on?

if thats the case, then u hooked it up to the neutral switch..

test the switch out to find which one is the reverse switch by putting the gb in reverse...and then getting a multi meter to test for continuity

Its definatley the switch with the brown wire's.

I'll get back underneath it when im back from work and have a look.

I was hoping to not have to buy a R34 speed sensor, but by the looks of it i will, unless i can just wire this one up?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi SAU Thanks guys your posts have helped heaps. I have a 98 r34gtt auto with 92,000 kms i picked up for a crazy 9k 6 weeks ago and the thing is after I spent all this money on a R33gtst which until some drunk knob nearly killed me my 'Blue Phantom' had a fully rebuilt/stroked/forged engine running gt3570r turbo with microtech computer. It was running 270rwkw on 14p. Just needed bigger injectors and it wouldve been fun. LOL. Lucky i got my payout n bought car back for peanuts. Anyways I still have the engine/gearbox/clutch/ecu etc. As i have all the parts execpt the lines I was quoted $600 to install everything. I guess I'd need a manual ecu and new cluster. I have put my tein na coilovers from the r33 into the 34, the front mount, front slotted rotors. I wrecked the car myself and have rebuilt a cbr rr 250 with a mate when eveyone told me to sell it. If i hadn't I for sure wouldn't have done all the stuff with the r33/r34. So thanks guys I may atempt the conversion with a mate and save the the $600.

sorry about the pics guys, it will be up and runnning again shortly after i get my domain renewed...expired 40days ago..to reactivate costs $US135, wait an extra 40days for the domain to go public will only cost $US9 to register again...go figure ;)

Hey Blue phantom,

You dont need a ECU, Auto ECU will still run and the cluster will still work, the good thing with the auto cluster is that when we engage reverse...the REVERSE symbol on the cluster lights up!

• 2 weeks later...

can someone just confirm that ALL parts (excluding gearbox) required are:

r33 clutch kit

r33/34 manual tailshaft

r33/34 flywheel

r33/34 manual spigot bush

r33/34 clutch master cylinder

r33/34 slave cylinder

r33/34 clutch master to slave cylinder lines

r33/34 pedal assembly

am i missing something?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OK so i all the mech stuff done now.

On to the wiring, mine seems to be similar as someone else posted, when i neutral the reverse switch cicruit is closed, when in reverse it opens. How do i get around this?

And the speedo sensor plug is different, some people's seem to be the same? Can i just wire this up to the one in the car?

I have this same prob. Any ideas? I've tried both switches, I def have the right one hooked up...

• 4 weeks later...

Ok this is my first post.. Im new to this world of nissan. I have recently got a 99 stagea rwd auto. Its a RB25det Neo. Is this a r33 or 34 motor? Now having made my self look a twat to all you hard core nissaners could this conversion be done to my stag?? If so has anyone done it?? I like my car its very clean and low kms so i think its worth the effort? any opinions and suggestions would be great. thumbsup.gif

rb25det is in both the R33 and R34, however only the R34 has the rb25det with the NEO head (the engine cover will have 'neo' printed on it) and if you really like your car and can be bothered doing the conversion then go ahead but it is a lot of effort and most people will say just sell it and buy a manual, but it's up to you who cares what others think right?

• 2 months later...