SAU Community

My Restoration

Hey guys over the last 12 months i have been fully restoring my GTR ground up. I thought i might show you some pics. Im new to Queensland so if any of you are in Brisbane, I need friends lol..

Pics are a bit dodgy... Plenty to come

Check (if you live in usa): Publix Weekly Ad, or Big W toy catalogue.

Lol i dunno how this post got thru as i closed the window before i even confirmed to post...I'll post a pic now..was gunna wait till later int he build to show what im upto :) Its been very costly but its all about the passion :( I spent about $10500 at the panel shop for a show standard job inside and out engine bay is just as high quality as the outside is. Every part of my car is rebuilt to new specs or better. I have polished every part of smooth alloy and sand blasted every bit of cast (rough) alloy to bring it up like new. Anything thats not polishable or sand blastable ive cleaned down. Im a mechanic so its free labour. Some parts are expensive and some are suprisingly cheap. All genuine from nissan :)

Forgot to add that all the pipe work int he engine bay (yes every single bit) ive finely sanded back and then polished up to a high shine. Dont have pics of that yet but i'll post up pics of the engine when its built ont he stand. I think i have obseesive compulsive disorder :O ...No seriously :D

I parts in the pic are only a very small amount of the bits ive done. Went for the WV2 sparkling silver metallic (coarse variant).

post-14108-1161852332.jpg

post-14108-1161852838.jpg

Edited by Godzilla32

Im in Tingalpa mate :D As i said im short of friends since moving from Melbourne a year ago, so feel free to pay a visit. Keen to go cruising when its complete and lots of track time both drag and circuit. Hope then i might be able to meet more people with the same interests :O

If you wanna come past one day give me a call

Deren

0402 829 091

Mate I knew that you were working to restore your 32, but no way did I expect to see the lengths you've gone to, the whole thing is stripped! Cant wait to see it finished, Damn nice job!

Andrew

yeh ur a real fanatic alright.bloody good work but its going be real nice when done... just a question i want to polish up my gtr twin turbo pipe to shiny as hell. sand it back first u say? then hit it with autosol or something????

yeh ur a real fanatic alright.bloody good work but its going be real nice when done... just a question i want to polish up my gtr twin turbo pipe to shiny as hell. sand it back first u say? then hit it with autosol or something????

Had all my pipes done by a pro cost me $160. I have got some pics in my gallery. You will need a buff.

Im in Tingalpa mate :) As i said im short of friends since moving from Melbourne a year ago, so feel free to pay a visit. Keen to go cruising when its complete and lots of track time both drag and circuit. Hope then i might be able to meet more people with the same interests :)

If you wanna come past one day give me a call

Deren

0402 829 091

Lol i dunno how this post got thru as i closed the window before i even confirmed to post...I'll post a pic now..was gunna wait till later int he build to show what im upto :O Its been very costly but its all about the passion :P I spent about $10500 at the panel shop for a show standard job inside and out engine bay is just as high quality as the outside is. Every part of my car is rebuilt to new specs or better. I have polished every part of smooth alloy and sand blasted every bit of cast (rough) alloy to bring it up like new. Anything thats not polishable or sand blastable ive cleaned down. Im a mechanic so its free labour. Some parts are expensive and some are suprisingly cheap. All genuine from nissan :O

Forgot to add that all the pipe work int he engine bay (yes every single bit) ive finely sanded back and then polished up to a high shine. Dont have pics of that yet but i'll post up pics of the engine when its built ont he stand. I think i have obseesive compulsive disorder :) ...No seriously :)

I parts in the pic are only a very small amount of the bits ive done. Went for the WV2 sparkling silver metallic (coarse variant).

Did a bare metal on mine about a year ago just not with the engine out. Have a few pics of the assembly in the gallery. The biggest shock i got was the body rubbers, all up cost me 2gs but easy to get from nissan. Took me about 3-4 days to put back together. Have fun mate its worth it.

Yeah it all comes at a cost...A big one too. I dont need the car day to day so it doesn't bother me in that respect as its been over 12 months since i drove it last. The Twin turbo pipe is a rough finish so u will need to remove that roughness first. Get it smooth then you can polish it up. I used autosol on all my gear it works a treat! For a super shine you may want to get it buffed on a bench grinder with a buffing wheel though..You should try by yourself first then if your not happy go get it buffed on a wheel :devil:

One other thing... most people would have no idea how many parts there are to a car like this...Literally thousands! It takes up a whole room in my house and more, and thats without the car itself lol! All up i will have spent about 25k on the rebuild so say 50-55k including buying the car and other previous expenses!

Edited by Godzilla32

Hey guys no new fotos but others i haden't added yet.

I go to the panel shop early next week to asses the final product. The panels will all be correctly gapped up but still essentially a rolling shell. fromt here i will take it home and put it up on stands so i can remove all the underside ready for under body paint. While its all out i will also rebuild/detail everything. IE: Sub frames front and rear, rear diff, all bushes, etc...Whatever needs attention, and doesnt for that matter lol :)

Deren

post-14108-1162013561.jpg

post-14108-1162013694.jpg

Deren the parts that made the biggest difference were replacement door moulds (black part along the top edge of the door) and new rear quarter glass. I would dearly love to replace the black window frame part (that the window rubber sits in, around the roof edge of the door window).

Costs a packet, as you know though.

Hey the crummy news is that I worked out the car has had a reasonable front left hit, now sporting a new front reo bar and the front left headlight doesn't align correctly with the line of the bonnet. I wonder if I can fix it without have to buy an R32 front cut :D

Progress is looking very good mate.