SAU Community

My Restoration

Yeah i spent hours upon hours cleaning with the engine in before all this started and it looked good but was lacking the perfection i was after. (See the pic i added) The car was mint before hand but im kinda ultra fussy and wanted what no one else has. I reckon i'll have to show it once its complete. No more driving unless its blue sky :(

post-14108-1162194513.jpg

Edited by Godzilla32

Yeah i spent hours upon hours cleaning with the engine in before all this started and it looked good but was lacking the perfection i was after. (See the pic i added) The car was mint before hand but im kinda ultra fussy and wanted what no one else has. I reckon i'll have to show it once its complete. No more driving unless its blue sky :(

Deffinately show it... as for blue skys we dont get much else here in QLD :rofl:

:rofl:

Thats VERY clean!

Umm like i said once before you have to remove a fair deal of stuff to even get a sponge in anywhere so its kinda hard to do a decent job unless you plan on removing things.. This time round it will be absolutely immaculate down to every single little original detail :laugh:

You may have noticed im a little self absorbed in my own obsessive compulsive nature LOL

Good work.. looks like it will come together very well.

I remember before I bought my gts-t, I contemplated doing the same to an old GTR, but then realised the amount of work and money it would take to do it properly! Good to see you going through with it - in the end the result will be well worth it. To have a new car version of an old classic.

Great effort mate, the finished product will definately be one of a kind, your project reminds me a bit of another one i'm keeping an eye on from the nissansilvia forum. The guy is basically rebuilding his s13 silvia from the ground up whilst modifying it at the same time, his theme is trying to make the car come across as factory as possible whilst being modified at the same time, here's a link if you are interested,

http://www.sillbeer.com/

are you planning on reproducing a brand new standard r32 gtr ie fresh off the show room floor, or are you going to add some fun bits in during the build up.

either way, good luck with it, i'm keen to see more.

Greg

Yeah im modifying tastefully along the way, rebuilt balanced engine with forged pistons, rebuilt turbos, rebuilt clutch, etc everything that needs attention (or doesnt) will receive it :) Basically it'll be like day one but with a change here or there for the better...

Just saw it now actually, It'll be home by the end of the week. I'll post up heaps of pics then. Perhaps i can compete with this silvia dude for prefectionism. I can assure you i will win hands down, im far too sick in the mind not to LOL. The level of detail i am going to will just make most people go 'why are you bothering?'

Deren

Edited by Godzilla32

Lol i dunno how this post got thru as i closed the window before i even confirmed to post...I'll post a pic now..was gunna wait till later int he build to show what im upto :woot: Its been very costly but its all about the passion ;) I spent about $10500 at the panel shop for a show standard job inside and out engine bay is just as high quality as the outside is. Every part of my car is rebuilt to new specs or better. I have polished every part of smooth alloy and sand blasted every bit of cast (rough) alloy to bring it up like new. Anything thats not polishable or sand blastable ive cleaned down. Im a mechanic so its free labour. Some parts are expensive and some are suprisingly cheap. All genuine from nissan :woot:

Forgot to add that all the pipe work int he engine bay (yes every single bit) ive finely sanded back and then polished up to a high shine. Dont have pics of that yet but i'll post up pics of the engine when its built ont he stand. I think i have obseesive compulsive disorder :( ...No seriously :pirate:

I parts in the pic are only a very small amount of the bits ive done. Went for the WV2 sparkling silver metallic (coarse variant).

God, this is what i want to do as well, a brand spanking new 32gtr.

I love seeing those spot weld for some reason, they give me a hard on :woot: (no im only kidding).

GREAT WORK, GREAT EFFORD, i salute you.

Cheers mate :( appreciate it! Im overwhelmed with the support and positive feedback ive received about this project of mine. I really didnt think anyone else would be into this restoration stuff. Just going fast...

Dude, your dedicated, when my engine was out for the complete rebuild, the only thing i did was take my rocker and coil cover to the paintshop and had them put my personal design on it, i used polished hard piping, and i had my engine block blasted and repainted with black silicone paint. had my car tot he panel beaters, painted it bright orange wich ofsets my enkei 5 spoke gunmetal rims. keep up the good work mate, ill be in australia mext year and will be staying for 5 years (my job is relocating me). ill have my GTR shipped over. Maybe you can hook me up with a super sweet setup :laugh::D

Car came home on Monday. Pretty darn happy all in all. Paint is like silk. As you may notice there are a few things still missing eg: rear wing, front grill, etc. However the front end will be removed apart from the guards to make it possible to refit everything else. Still planning to remove both subframes and clean/detail it all making sure everything is in working order. Also plan to add new bushes here and there (subframes etc), plus those adj. castor rods on the front.

Deren

post-14108-1163153887.jpg

post-14108-1163154207.jpg

post-14108-1163154353.jpg

post-14108-1164797976.jpg

Edited by Godzilla32

Yeah i dont intend to sell her anytime soon so the kids just may get to see it..Thats if i ever settle down and have some...Scarey thought, but one day would be nice.

I have a couple of pics of the engine bay but one of the things they havent given back to me is the bonnet stay so i cant keep it open while taking a photo lol. As i said most of the front end will come off soon though so i wont have a bonnet in the way of a good shot then! I'll post it up 2morow or sunday..