SAU Community

My Restoration

I was wondering when i would start seeing the mods start changing into rebuilds. One only has to look at the muscle car scene to see where we're headed.

Excellent work and great commitment Deren. Ant idea how much $$$ you saved by stripping and reassembling it your self?

Thanks mate, your right about the rebuilds. I would have saved thousands doing all the labour myself. Considering your average workshop charges $80 an hour. Im a mechanic so its pretty handy when doing something like this.

Cheers guys, i have had the blower fan, evaporator, and heater core all out for cleaning and inspection over the last week or so. All looks good so i fitted a new TX valve and flushed everything out bit by bit. All going back together at the moment. Also painted up the condensor to freshen it up a bit. Gonna put in a new receiver dryer of course :P

post-14108-1163499595.jpg

Well yeah thats the problem ive come accross. i want to be able to use this car but its hard to bring yourself to even drive the thing after so much time and money have been poured into it. I do plan at least to go to the drags with my new engine in etc, but was planning to go for a few laps during (hopefully) quiet time on a circuit.. Just have to be clear of other cars especially if they are behind me!

Don't forgot to do a few thousand k's of running it in.....I'm sure you already knew that ;)

ooooo, all shiny, my alt/fan belt always squeaks coz its a PITA trying to get the right tension settings on it :P and the last thing I want is no squeak but its too tight.

Well yeah thats the problem ive come accross. i want to be able to use this car but its hard to bring yourself to even drive the thing after so much time and money have been poured into it. I do plan at least to go to the drags with my new engine in etc, but was planning to go for a few laps during (hopefully) quiet time on a circuit.. Just have to be clear of other cars especially if they are behind me!

Just buy two of them, you would be mad to put this much time and money into this and then take it to the track....what if you roll it into the kitty litter or something :(

Race only imports are dirt cheap, gtr under $10k landed

What did the alternator cost to get redone? and where did u get it done?

Yeah i hear ya guys..Would be bad news if anything happenend once it was finished :rofl: Anyway i'll see what i decide when it comes to that time..

Alternator was $165 All i got them to do was clean it up and a new set of bearings. Brushes were only 50% used... Think i'll do the starter myself..Cant be too hard? Im not sure what to do with the P/S pump. Thinking to just give it a coat of paint to bring it up more uniform...Also theres the matter of the A/C compressor...thinking to flush it with some solvent and work it thru but theres always the option of getting it serviced and checked over...Then that costs more money...What do u guys think?

PS: Alt was done at wynnum car electrics on Tingal Rd. Wynnum

Edited by Godzilla32