SAU Community

Injectors - How To Remove/replace/upgrade

MearCat

yeh i have done mine... awsome right up!

i forgot the bottom o-rings :P hydro locked a cyl. hahaa..

but when that was doen was awsome... now running 250.1rwkw in my 32 rb25 :P

cheers again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey there guys, Thanks Alan i found this really important. But i thought i would make people aware of this, Be VERY CAREFULL when trying to remove the fuel rail and injectors out. And look at the end of the injector and make sure all off the 4 prongs or claws on the orange pintle cap are attached. Because i am currently sourcing the 6 pintle caps and there not easy to chase down because they are so wanted :starwars:

Hope this helps Cheers Rob

• 7 months later...

Great DYI mate

Installed my Tomei 555cc today which replaced the std R33 GTST injectors.

I didnt remove the AAC, didnt get in the way at all for me. nor did the FMIC piping.

For cracking the injector cap screws i used multi grips.

To get the injector out of the rail i used a flat head screw driver and slipped it under the injector plug then twisted the driver to lever it out.

when i changed the power fc injector config, i used the following. Old Injector CC / New injector CC x 120 = 82

my power fc was configured at 120% for each injector...not sure why it was set like this but the above achieved a nice idle. i did actually test 66% based on the x100 calculation also...and idle went to hell...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

no...it will probably start up and idle ok but soon as you put it under load it pretty much floods it..then plugs will foul then it all falls apart..i tried it once, got around the block but barely made it home..lol

but if you have access to your ecu just find out how to change settings..

• 5 months later...

really good writeup. i have a powerfc waiting to be installed in my series 2 gtst but i wanted to upgrade injectors first two quick questions..

1; will injectors give me much more power once installed and tuned with the power fc

2;where is the best place to get hold of some injectors and what size is good when chasing 300 to 350 hp?

cheers

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, know this is a pretty old post, but need to know if there are any major differences when doing this for an rb20det ?
any steps added? important things to note?
anything will help, cheers

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
14 minutes ago, SKY5HW said:

Nice write up and presentation, my question is will we need to dyno the car once everything is fitted back?

If you change to different injectors  it needs to be tuned.

• 2 weeks later...