SAU Community

End Of Some Apexi Powerfc Models

paulr33

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive updated the faq tonight, its more of an end of model notice for some models, its not a complete end of sale notice as i originally thought

in summary,

r32 gtst discontinued (nec dont make processor anymore)

r33 gtst discontinued (nec dont make processor anymore)

r34 gtt discontinued (nec dont make processor anymore)

supra discontinued (fcon dominated)

ap engineering all discontinued (ap engineering no longer exists)

fc pro versions discontinued (i think ap eng had something to do with these)

some of the other non popular versions are gone too, starlet, chaser, one of the wrx models, integra

the faq has the complete list

confirmed from a few suppliers apexi no longer making r33 and 34 pfcs

and the other models have gone as well. the new rx7 models use the new nec processor but not sure if the r33 and r34 can use this cpu or not

OK I'm confused, they still appear to be making all models of RB26 Power FC's. So it can hardly be caused by the discontinuance of the NEC processors. My guess is the models that they are discontining are due to lack of sales in the domestic market. In which case, there will be no replacement.

:D cheers :)

here's the P-NBC (the thing that Paul Linked before) but translated

gah it didn't work. stupid Java pages.

copy and paste:

Setting just is chosen from attachment CD 20ps power rise! !

In presser (GDA/GDB A - D type)

The multiplex information display function by the Windows picture.

P-NBC all function is setting possible at this application one.

< Main function >

- 16×16 ignition timing revision map

- 16×16 air flow signal revision map

- 16×16 injector increasing in quantity map

- Speed limiter cancellation

- Engine stall prevention function

- Real time logger function

- In addition

The symbol LED of P-NBC from 6 colors selective possibility

Warning setting

P-NBC

P-NBC アペクセラ which adopts the both good qualities of S-AFC and P-FC is new

It is and it is the engine management computer. Normal ECU

To coexist with the engine control which makes weight durability environmental correspondence

And others the Subaru in presser the potential of GDA/GDB EJ20 freely pulling

Attachment the special data which starts coming. (CD-ROM attachment)

Purchase from that day which it receives, as for your EJ20 HighPower & GoodFeeling

It is born and changes.

Map setting function

- Ignition timing revision map

The setting which from genuine value responds to tuning level becomes possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Injector increasing in quantity map

No percent it extends revision numerical value, increasing in quantity the injection quantity becomes possible.

- Additional injector map

Setting when the injector is added becomes possible.

- Air flow revision map

Increase and decrease of the fuel which is adjusted to the revision of the air flow signal becomes possible.

- Map (in addition) job map

The map which is in the midst of job is kept temporarily, becomes simultaneously other job possible.

Logger function

You can use the data which is necessary for setting as real time or the analytical data.

Display function of 2 patterns expands the enjoyment of setting.

- Graph color setting function

In each every item indication is possible favorite with color.

In combination with color in the graph which indicates the logger to item modification is possible.

Changing into the color which is easy to see and, likes it is possible to enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System configuration

E/G computer - with 、 P-BNC and stock PC complete setting

It makes installation simple

Setting the extension harness

Commodity constitution

Accessory: P-NBC itself and harness for connection, PC application CD-ROM for setting, short part, instruction manual, car classification diagram, setting data CD-ROM guarantee and user's registration postcard such as private communication cable and ギボシ (for information development of software VerU p and the like necessity)

< Type-01 >

¥15,540 (price including tax)

Illuminational color setting

In combination with the color of illumination of the substance central part to the taste, selecting from 6 types, it is possible to change.

the P-NBC looks to be a similar product to the emanage ultimate. a piggyback unit that controls timing, fuel and airflow settings, on a 16 x 16 map. just like the emanage ultimate. and it is tuned via pc, and has a straight plug and play harness.... you guessed it, just like the ultimate.

well thats what i thought too, but i dont get it ?

the skyline model would have been popular as.

i think since they made the fc and commander combo they would have dozens more, i can think of over 10 gtsts in sau vic that brought pfc since they made that model change.

can someone with an rb26 PFC open it up and take a photo of the processor?

and anyone who has ordered a really recent rb26 pfc open it up and do the same? im interested in what processor it has

the p-nbc is almost like the emanage, piggyback but lets you do most of the crap, a bridge gap solution for dudes who had safc but want a bit more, but didnt want to buy the pfc. its currently only supported on wrx auto

I can almost bet that they will not be releasing a new product to replace this one. The signs have been there for ages now that Apexi/Apexera are going down the tubes. I've been predicting this for a while now.

The word from people in the know in Japan (given to me face to face last week) is that Apexi went heavily into other business areas. Some car related (like navi, security etc), some not and they got given a massive beating. Couple that with recent poor sales of their performance products, and the apparent lack of R+D of new products and we have a bleak picture.

Well, I've got my PFC and love it. that's good enough for me :D There will be heaps of these second hand around for years and years to come. You never know, another company may even reverse engineer some and sell their own. Apoxi PFD anyone?