SAU Community

Rb25 Head Removal

aphid

thanks a million mate the pics will really help, clears up soo much :huh: i shall report back shortly

you will need to remove the inlet cam gear, yes there is a spring behind it.

i made some pics for you

thanks a million mate the pics will really help, clears up soo much :ninja: i shall report back shortly

no worries

have a look around on the web, there are definately engine manuals for the r33 out there

• 5 years later...

Digging up an old thread here but are the 1997 stageas different? looking at that last pic, the radiator water pipe is in the way on my engine. Also, any tips on getting the 3 centre head bolts out, as they seem to be on the verge of stripping. Stupid hex heads...

Did you get the M6 bolt out? dont worry about the spring inside the inlet cam gear, just undo the four screws and the plate and spring will come out then you have access to the main nut or bolt that holds the cam gear on

I too felt uneasy about letting that spring go but when you remove it it will all become clear

I nearly stripped a head stud too but if your in doubt get a brand new alen key and cut it down and hit it into the stud gently with a hammer to make sure its in all the way then put your 10mm socket over it with your breaker bar (hope your not using a rattle gun for these studs)

• 6 years later...

When i done it I took the few pipes that are on top and around the left side off the turbo to give more some room. Then I removed the turbo and made my way to the manifold undone the bolts and it seem to come off easy enough for my self. Now to put  new manifold on and put the new turbo on with customizing my dump pipe and exhaust out let to fit my turbo. Have learnt alot and teached myself a long the way. Have all most gone over everything under my hood and under the car since i got it.