SAU Community

R34 Traction Control Cancellation Circuit!

Here's a challenge....

And a question....

And a statement....

No particular order ;)

Firstly.... Is the second throttle body a simple on/off thing or is it variable allowing a 0 - 100% position?

Secondly, if the throttle body is a variable douvalacky, you could adjust the voltage going to it to allow a series of different throttle positions.

Thirdly, could you bend the signal that goes to that throttle body to allow a 'slowing' of the power delivery more so than a 'forehead meets steering wheel' stopping of power delivery.....

6-10% slip is the best for traction.........

Motec can do it.......

Yes it is variable, yes it can be fed a progressive voltage...but the killer is the fact the car shuts down 3 injectors. You'd need a way of preventing the car from doing this, it'd be a pain to get around as you'd need to disable whatever drops the voltage going to the inejctors...I think it's in the programming wizardry :S

hi guys. ive just upgraded to an r34 gtt from an r33 gts t, now lets talk serious stuff.. why is the traction control so strong on this model, i had my r33 going sideways without any issues and still had traction control working ?? i tried to throw the 34 into a corner ysterday and it droped power displaying SLIp????

Bloody hell Dan, I just bought new globes for my dash then I see you sig. lol. SO hard to find the right globes for the 34's!

haha Adz, they're not hard to find - you should have just asked me - I've had blue hi-intensity LED's in my dash for 2 years :ninja:

Had enough of the blue now... time to put a new Nismo 320km/h dash in :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
hey i have a problem my tcs off, slip and engine light are always on.But i know that my tcs is on.Can this device

help me anyway?Due the fact that the tcs off light is on i cant turn the tcs off.Any help!

You may need to check your error codes and see what the issue is, so you're saying the TCS is still working even though it says Off????

This unit won't be able to help you as it relies on a functioning TCS and ABS system.

• 2 weeks later...

yep I would be keen for one of these as well .... would be significantly better if we could 'program' how much slip the TCS allows - like Bass said you actually only need around 10% - whereas I would think the oem TCS is around 50% when activated.

Also, another challenge for you - can you make up a similar module to the TCS thingo that makes the steering wheel gear controls 'On' by default when you start up, rather than off? I have no idea why they even invented such a switch - why the hell would you ever want it off? Even if you don't use the steering wheel controls then it still wouldn't hurt to have it come on every time you whack the gearknob into tiptronic mode. I assume you could do it by relay off of one of the wires to the switch in the centre console?

yep I would be keen for one of these as well .... would be significantly better if we could 'program' how much slip the TCS allows - like Bass said you actually only need around 10% - whereas I would think the oem TCS is around 50% when activated.

Also, another challenge for you - can you make up a similar module to the TCS thingo that makes the steering wheel gear controls 'On' by default when you start up, rather than off? I have no idea why they even invented such a switch - why the hell would you ever want it off? Even if you don't use the steering wheel controls then it still wouldn't hurt to have it come on every time you whack the gearknob into tiptronic mode. I assume you could do it by relay off of one of the wires to the switch in the centre console?

I did look at the unit for the Steering wheel, I got stumped by it using some bizzare logic to trigger, may need some time back at the ol' drawing board :laugh:

Hey, i just bought a R34 and the switch TCS switch does not turn off the TCS, do you have any idea why this is the case, it acts like a push button rather than a actual switch is this correct? i tried taking out the fuse and it worked but i was reading the forums and i think someone said it can stuff around with other systems, so i have put the fuse back in for the time being. Can you get back to me and let me know whats the go. Also do R34's come with a radio, i assumed they did but when i recieved the car and tried to tune in a radio station i could not get a signal, i previously had a 33 and there was an aerial but none on the 34, any ideas?

Thx

I got mine on Friday. Simple and quickly installed.

Works a treat. Start the car and BAM! TCS is off. No more fiddling for the switch as you approach interesting corners bends or taking off at the lights. I can finally sleep better knowing that the car isnt going to want to go limp on impulse.

:)

if only u could stop other things from going limp on impulse.....

oh yeah bump + 1 sold if u get it to do ignition cut instead of fuel cut!

• 4 months later...