SAU Community

Bolt On Replacement For Rb20 Turbo

ok I'm going to put in:

RB26dett cams

Adjustable cam gears

mandrel bent manifold ( direct bolt-on to the stock turbo )

RB25 turbo

GTR Injectors

GTR fuel pump

full 3" turbo back exhaust

600x300x120 intercooler

So what kind of air fuel computer do I need or what kind of plug n play would be right

ok I'm going to put in:

RB26dett cams

Adjustable cam gears

mandrel bent manifold ( direct bolt-on to the stock turbo )

RB25 turbo

GTR Injectors

GTR fuel pump

full 3" turbo back exhaust

600x300x120 intercooler

So what kind of air fuel computer do I need or what kind of plug n play would be right

Do not bother with RB26 cams unless you want to lose power.

Next thing is save the money you were going to spend on the manifold. Also dont worry about the injectors either as an R33 turbo wont stress the std injectors.

LOL, hate to sound negative but dont use the GTR pump either. Do you really want to replace a 14 year old fuel pump with another 14 year old pump. Grab an 040 fuel pump, new, flows better and goes in easily and is cheap

The money you have saved not buying all that other gear i would get a plug and play Microtech and get it tuned well. If you want to run injectors then the Microtech will run any impedence injector and so mnay tuners know their way around them.

LOL, also, dont bother with the coils either. You cant run big boost with the R33 turbo as they will fall apart if you run too much boost....so the syd coils are well up to the task of 170-180rwkws you will get out of the R33 turbo. If one of your coils fail and your car starts sounding like a WRX then consider the coils, but even still the sytd coils in good health are fine. Thing is its often easier to get the coils rather then mess around trying to get good std coils

Hope that helps

You have an RB20, get a remap. Very effective.

And if you're only running an RB25 turbo, I really cant see the advantage of running expensive aftermarket computers.

Roy is right about the pump, injectors, coilpacks and manifold though.

LOL, hate to sound negative but dont use the GTR pump either. Do you really want to replace a 14 year old fuel pump with another 14 year old pump. Grab an 040 fuel pump, new, flows better and goes in easily and is cheap

ok then were can i get a 040 fuel pump and I was told and read on this site that the gtr cams are about 1mm bigger and are better?

Been there and done that with the cams....and trust me when i say dont bother wasting your money buying them let alone your weekend installing them only to find the car wont run, and if it does it will be a laggy POS. (more then usual :/)

The Bosch 040 is commonly available from any number of speed / performance shops. Its very easy to find and commonly stocked. Just dont buy a Walbro pump.

ok then were can i get a 040 fuel pump and I was told and read on this site that the gtr cams are about 1mm bigger and are better?

You'd need to do a solid lifter conversion to get the cams running right.

• 3 weeks later...

i needed injectors,

went from 160rwkw with standard turbo and injectors at about 92% duty

on 14psi

put on the rb25 turbo and could only run 8-9psi making 140rwkw @ 100% duty in 3rd gear onwards,put in gtr injectors now at about 70% duty,much safer

that was my experience anyway

im running a walbro (genuine before anyone asks)

standard fpr though(so standard rail pressure,

on the road it was not a prob, but on the track maxxing out

at 9psi in 3rd up @ 7000rpm,

it made 660nm @ wheels in 4th on dyno from 3800rpm

and only drops to about 620nm by 6000rpm,nice and flat.

Im really surprised you are running 70% injector sccle on the GTR injectors? Like i said im running about 70% for 234rwkws on GTR injectors with a Bosch 040 and standard fuel reg etc????.

I was also making 180rwkws at 8psi with the std injectors and Trust TD06 before i changed computers and injectors.