SAU Community

Hks Intercooler - Side Mount - For R32 Gts-t

They are certainly not a new thing. HKS stopped making them quite a while ago as far as I know.

The ARC SMIC is has the same size core. It might be thicker by 5mm. It is also generally twice as expensive.

This one is in as new condition and has been polished up a bit before I got it. No bent fins at all.

I took some new photos and added those to the first post.

How long is a piece of string? I dunno it would depend completely on your application. Probably run a few psi more boost than stock with no problems. You are also going to improve your intake due to lowering the restrictions slightly due to the better designed core and end tanks.

Basically perfect for the guys who want to run a bleed valve with the stock turbo and tweak the boost a bit higher without cutting up half the front end of the car...

I have the ARC SMIC one for my 32 GTST. These type of side mount are the thinking mans intercooler. I would say they are good enough for over 180rwkw. and would be fine with the usual budget 32 upgrades of: RB25 turbo, dump + front pipe, 14psi boost, GTR injectors, Power FC. You would have a kick arse car, and not much lag.

I think the cores of my ARC are about the same thickness but the HKS one has more tubes and they are a tiny bit smaller.

best thing about these puppies is you can keep the stock piping. you dont have to hack your front bar and reo up. you dont get any additional lag (especially important if you are running an RB25 turbo or highflow) and they are cheaper than a proper japanese front mount kit. and no hassle from police.

just thought I'd add this bit of info.