SAU Community

What Is "slip Led Indicator" On Dashboard Means?

SkyKC

Hi,

I have 1994 GTS-4 non-turbo, on the dashbord below the spped meter there are tow LED's one is "Slip" and the other "4WD", wehn I put the gear to 1 or two and rev more than 4000 Rpm "Slip" LED idicator turns on. Does anyone knows what that means? Does it means the clutch is slipping? means the clutch is worn out?

I got no Idea...............

Please guys.................help me

its for your attessa, that i am sure of.

i wont pretend to be cluey about it, but i have read a few threads about it. so a search might yield some results

its got nothing to do with your clutch. totally normal

SLIP display: (active lsd fitted display) this display will show when the ignition is ON and will flash when the vehicle is traveling over a slippery area.

ps. it also comes on when the car loses grip/traction.

Edited by R-SPEC

id hazzard a guess at it meaning you have slip on your wheels and its moving power to the fronts. Does your FW Tourque gauge go up at all?

Thanks heaps Guys, By the way I dont have a FW Tourque gauge. I have a after market E-TS, not usre how it works though, currently its set up tp 50/50., when I take a turn or something on the display can see its shows 0.4 or 0.7, when Im driving straight it normaly goes from 0.0 to 0.2 :O

what does the 4WD LED mean?

I read on the board that when 4WD light is on..you are running only as a RWD..

if it lightsup constantly.. i have no idea how to fix it.. lol.. it's all in the threads that I've read here on the board..

hmm I have a GT-4.. hopefully my slip led never has to come on..

cheers