SAU Community

Need Audio Ideas For The Stag

captinsane

how have people set up their subs in their stag so it looks schmick...i was thinking single thin 10" in the recess created by the space saver spare, but not entirely sure it will fit...and i want 12" anyway...if not twin 12's.... 15" i reckon will be too muh work, and getting a good box to get response out of them will not be worth it.. so what i am after mostly is mounting suggestions for subs that are gonna get a good spread of music types to perform (from punk to crunk to a little Eva Cassidy)

Hey mate, not too sure on exactly what you want, but just a thought here.. in my old man's BA falcon wagon (i know its not same capacity but shud work fine) we have a dual 12'' box pushed up against the back of the rear seats in the boot. It takes up a lil bit of room and i guess you have to be carefull when putting stuff in the back but we dont have much trouble.

Because he has his own business and we need regular trips with large loads, the box (which was custom, nothing special tho) is stuck in with velcro pads making it easier to remove and with the wiring done with little quick release clips it takes seconds to take out if needed. With the tough velcro across the back and along the bottom the box has never budged even with my hip hop banging and doing silly slides :)

Looks pretty clean and simple aslo.. again this is just a suggestion :D

good luck!

Hey mate, not too sure on exactly what you want, but just a thought here.. in my old man's BA falcon wagon (i know its not same capacity but shud work fine) we have a dual 12'' box pushed up against the back of the rear seats in the boot. It takes up a lil bit of room and i guess you have to be carefull when putting stuff in the back but we dont have much trouble.

Because he has his own business and we need regular trips with large loads, the box (which was custom, nothing special tho) is stuck in with velcro pads making it easier to remove and with the wiring done with little quick release clips it takes seconds to take out if needed. With the tough velcro across the back and along the bottom the box has never budged even with my hip hop banging and doing silly slides :)

Looks pretty clean and simple aslo.. again this is just a suggestion ;)

good luck!

yeah..they got some twin clarion 12's in a box w/ amp for 500 at AutoBahn at the moment. which is pretty freakin awesome.. but am not sure weather it is worth trying to custom fit them into the internal bodywork (aka, flase bottom of the boot, or sides...going to be severely limited by the depth though)

But even in a stagea, just a decent set of four 6" speakers will sound decent running of ur head unit, then run either a single or 2 subs off a single or two amps.

What sort of music do you listen to???

My first install in the stagea. Neat, tidy, very powerful, not takin up much space.

post-24895-1165307713.jpgpost-24895-1165307820.jpg

My work in progress - lol

post-24895-1165307926.jpg

Tidy... i think that's what i'll have to do. I think your right Rob... shee'll be sweet with the 2 in the box. love what your trying to do in your most recent bit of work though :(

I listen to all types...that is my problem...Punk, Ska, Crunk, Jazz, Christian Worship...you name it then I probably appreciate something from it... Hence the reason i will probably go 12's... stage 1 is replacing the stock rear parcel 6"... then the subs...but gotta pay off the loan first...What's your new setup going to be?

Ive got a full Hertz/Audison system, no subs at all and its still good.

If I was to get some subs, I just run a single Fosgate/Kicker/MOMO 12 inch sub, not overkill and just enough.

Dont forget that stageas are single cabin too

being a wagon n all...suppose its easier to get SPL from a decent setup...staging will be harder tho to get a better SQL

LOL wagons are the WORST car for SPL. SPL, or sound pressure, is harder to obtain in a larger cabin space.

As a perfect example, a guy i work with has an Exa, which had the EXACT same setup as me. Two pioneer 306Cs, two amps etc. I made 133.6, he got 141!!! However, the wagon got a much nicer, more even and true-to-life sound.

my new sub box will have the two top subs in a sealed enclosure each, with the bottom two firing downward into a seperate box with a rearward facing port, so that, essentially, all the sound is being hammer to the back, right at the base of the tailgate, which is the best setup for SPL in a large car. Face em to the back. we tried about 10 different places, and found that facing back, and situated further back, the better. Just not practical.