SAU Community

Its Offical I Have Bought My First Skyline!

Adz2332

Yer but doing it that way u still pay 17k for the car itself, then add

3" stainless steel turbo back exhaust - $650

600x300x75 FMIC -$450

Apexi Power FC $800

Apexi Commander $350

Apexi EBC $450

K&N pod filter in stainless steel cold air box $150

Bosch 040 fuel pump (in tank and quiet) $200

Larger radiator (34mm thick v factory 25mm thick) -fark knows $400

Stainless steel radiator guide $100

Strut braces front and rear $150

Autometer boost and oil temp on A pillar $200

AVS model 6 17x8 front and 17x9 rear $1k

Water pump, radiator, timing belt, idler and tensioner bearings replaced at 85,000 kms $600

Thats like 5.5k hes saved right there and he can continue upgrading the car from where its at...

how about I spend my own cash, do stuff my own way like you all did, and not tell other people what to spend their money on because I think its the best way. If i spend my own cash, I know what ive done and how its been done. If i buy it already done, i dont know whats been done, how its been done and if its reliable or not. Not every car is tuned to an A1 grade (althought i trust boostworx simply because 5 other mates have).

I buy my car stock, I do it up myself so I can appreciate what its become. Thats what its all about, not just the driving experience. I'm sure Adz here didnt just buy the car to leave it that way, hell want to upgrade it, replace parts with better ones, etc.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyones "stuff" is the same basic setup which he has bought.

Doesnt matter if u do it now or later a pfc plugs in, and intercooler bolts in the same spot, a fuel pump goes in the same spot...

All of these parts are the same for any skyline, whether u do it yourself or someone else has has. Buying parts individually is more cost effective. The usual "its worth more as parts than as a whole comes in to play".

U do what u want....its your money after all :wub:

Its pretty hard to get a car 100% spot on by just a dyno tune.

Often than not it will ping under certain conditions, take note of those conditions/rpm/load etc and take it back for a touch up.

or.. just touch it up your self.

what would the next logical upgrade be?

ive always wanted a carbon fibre bonnet so i think that will be what i do first

Carbon fibre bonnets are defectable. Not worth the hassle and $$ of having to return the car back to stock.

Grab a set of injectors and either a GCG highflow for ~250rwkw or a GT30 .82 internal gate (requires new dump pipe and some intake mods, but it still can be made to look stock) for 300rwkw odd.

If you go the GT30 route you may want to seriously consider ripping the head off and throwing a thicker head gasket on it to drop the comp, those cast pistons are fragile, all though in a perfect world with a good tune and perfect consistent fuel it will be 100%.

Its up to him as to how he wants to modify the car - and using the forums he can figure out what he wants to do next. But the only thing I will say is - its not enough just making power, to do well on the roads and/or track, handling and all that should be looked at as well

Well???? You picked up last night yeh?? How was it??

yep last night was the night..... it was ummm..... hmmm.... f**cking incredable! so so happy wid it!! The best part about it is you can drive it like a little old lady and its comfortable as but then when you want to go fast jus hit the right pedal and its a rocket! couldnt be happier wid it!! best thing ive ever done!!

Yer but doing it that way u still pay 17k for the car itself, then add

3" stainless steel turbo back exhaust - $650

600x300x75 FMIC -$450

Apexi Power FC $800

Apexi Commander $350

Apexi EBC $450

K&N pod filter in stainless steel cold air box $150

Bosch 040 fuel pump (in tank and quiet) $200

Larger radiator (34mm thick v factory 25mm thick) -fark knows $400

Stainless steel radiator guide $100

Strut braces front and rear $150

Autometer boost and oil temp on A pillar $200

AVS model 6 17x8 front and 17x9 rear $1k

Water pump, radiator, timing belt, idler and tensioner bearings replaced at 85,000 kms $600

Thats like 5.5k hes saved right there and he can continue upgrading the car from where its at...

Cost more than that and i fitted EVERYTHING myself. Only thing i didnt do was tune PFC.

Gonna miss it. Glad its going to a good home. Just as well i have a GTR otherwise i would be serioulsy depressed.

If i had kept it i would have done whiteline shocks/swaybars, injectors, and 2535 or GT30.