SAU Community

Squealing Brakes When Braking Lightly?

Hey guys,

Lately my brakes have been squealing when i brake very lightly, e.g coming into a parking space and i apply the brakes lightly to stop and park and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKK!

A horrible squealing noise, it makes me embarassed to park my car.

I have tried braking very hard from say 8-km/h down to 0 to *burn off* the top layer of my brake pads but it still squeals.

any ideas?

cheers

If the pads are worn down then it could be the wear indicators but if they aren't try some pbr anti squeal it may help.You didn't mention brand as many performance pads will make this noise and has a lot to do with how they have been bedded in etc

I'd say they weren't bedded in properly. As previously mentioned, find out what make they are and rebed them to make sure the process was done correctly.

Also, are there any deep score marks in the rotors? You could be getting brake dust or road grime in between the pad and the rotor. This would not be helping your casue either. If this is the case, a slight machine of the rotors, a rough up of the pads with sandpaper and a re-bedding of the pads following manufacturer instructions should see you good to go.