SAU Community

Holden Commodore Gts

andz

theres this guy (cousin of a friend) who recently bought a brand new Commodore GTS for $60,000, and he kept asking about my R34 GTR, like kw, how fast etc. Today i said to a friend, tell ur cousin we'll have a lil drag and he'll find out himself. She rang the commodore guy, he said that his car has 250kw and my GTR only 200kw, but if i dont have twin turbo, then dont waste his time. That got my adrenaline running and its on. But i dont know anything about these commodore GTS? i'm pretty sure these SS/Monaro/GTS/GTR holdens have 5.7L and can have up to 300kw at the wheel (his is 250kw). How will i go against him? I'm pretty confident i can kill him at the start, what about on the roll?

interesting to hear from u guys,

:wub:

Edited by andz69

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mate has a HSV GTO LE (Limited Edition - $90k when came out), which came out 285kw stock, and with a few air mods and exhaust it was just over 320, pulling 257 rwkw.

when my car was just under 200rwkw (and only rwd) from stationary, he would kill me untill my boost came on, and i would then keep with him till abot 3rd gear then would slowly break away (v8).

On rolling at about 30kmh, would b side by side, slowly creap up, then the GTO would pull away slowly after 4th gear.

Keep i mind his was AUTO and mine was MANUAL, hence the beter take off.

With the 4wd and the extra kw, im sure ull bea this GTS, as the GTS is heavier than the GTO and my mates GTO was a LE with extra sports features and weight less than th stock GTO.

The GTR is dead stock?

Time to quickly slap an exhaust and dial some boost in to it. :)

Do the R34's still have an increased boost level by simply removing the restrictor?

Either way just big launch then back off at 100km/h before he has time to realise he's actually catching you.

My opinon is you will rip is balls off

No way a sluggish arse LS2 commodore can stay with a GTR from first to third gear

If this is on the street which I hope its not you wont get to the gears which the commy has an advantage

Just get a good launch

My 2 cents

my mate has a HSV GTO LE (Limited Edition - $90k when came out), which came out 285kw stock, and with a few air mods and exhaust it was just over 320, pulling 257 rwkw.

when my car was just under 200rwkw (and only rwd) from stationary, he would kill me untill my boost came on, and i would then keep with him till abot 3rd gear then would slowly break away (v8).

On rolling at about 30kmh, would b side by side, slowly creap up, then the GTO would pull away slowly after 4th gear.

Keep i mind his was AUTO and mine was MANUAL, hence the beter take off.

With the 4wd and the extra kw, im sure ull bea this GTS, as the GTS is heavier than the GTO and my mates GTO was a LE with extra sports features and weight less than th stock GTO.

that was the silver 1 wasnt it

i beet him on a launch and muffed 2nd but he still didnt run away from me

i say youll beet him

i once *couf* had a drag with like a VX SS LS1 edit and smashed him im sure you will do the same and you dont need to do 7000rpm launch a 5,500 is sufficent if my clutch wasnt on its way out i would come and *cough* join you

nah just a GTS

anyway, just did a test run, launch at 6500 or so, i can smell a burning smell, is this an indication that my clutch is on its way out? or is this normal?

normal but anymore of those launches and its new clutch. go for twin plate if thats the case, saves you from having to change it in future. as for the challenge, you'll possibly get owned considering your is stock standard or at least break some parts.

Dont stock gtr34's run pretty low boost (like gtt's etc) standard? something like only 5-6psi?

Do they have a boost solenoid like the r33gtst/r34gtt's to bump up the boost to 7-8psi at high rpm?

sorry dont know much about gtr's boost specs except that they run fairly low boost standard, and ceramic turbos similar to (or the same as?) r34 gtt's.

Either way a few basic mods will see you matching the commo kw for kw and yours being at all 4.

Its pretty tough to beat a good awd launch so even if your car is slower (which i doubt), you'll still get plenty of lead from the launch :(

i dragged a mates VX GTS (300kw)

and had him the whole length, traction off the line and pulling away on him

my 32 Gtr has got bout 210rwkw

so i would say you could have him fairly easy but not if your clutch is on its way out

RellikZephyr

andz69, really need more details on the car for a proper comparison.

If his car has a genuine 250 rwkw, then it will be a war of traction. If he gets traction and it has the claimed power it will smash you in a stock 34GTR (unfortunately), but it won't be easy for him to do. If it makes the power it will be a genuine mid-low 12 second car.

With an R34GTR I wouldn't have thought you'd need to prove anything though, and people who talk about their cars like this guy seems to don't always have the gear to back it up.

Also, I hate haters of cars, and it sounds like this guy is a skyline hater.

$60k buys you a second hand GTS - a new E series is like 80k, and previous versions were more lke 90k+ when new.

Edited by chops

hes talking about the HSV VT GTO like the one in need for speed 3 isnt he? That thing was a beeeeeast. i loved driving it in that game lol. then i just used the 550 Modena my favourite car once i got that unlocked.

Id say cause of your awd and depending on how much of a fag he is and how excited... youll get him off the line and then head straight down. by the time ur 200 mtres away and his cars still spitting smoke on the starting line the race will be over.

.... why the f**k did he say "if you dont have twin turbo dont waste my time".... that seems like hes f**ken scared and just doesnt want to drag you by naming shit that your car HAS to have to give him a drag... "If your car doesnt have a rocket propelled grenade launcher on the front bumper then you wont be able to catch me" you should tell him.

Edited by SAZilla

Dude, You will smoke that commnwhore no ifs or buts!

My R32 GTR has been run against my mates modded VY clubsport R8 and let me tell you....

7000 rpm, step off clutch and wave bye bye....

He will not be able to pull back the six or so car lengths you have on him already!

Holdens make great TAXIS.

haha. yeh taxis... id like to see a wrx take on a skyline. who gives a shit about the commodore, waste of conversation. the 34 has already won.

Hmm skylines smoke most rexes, my mates in darwin was a wide bodied off its nut thing, dog box, ecu, turbo etc running like 22psi and i beat him running 12psi (bout 250rwkw but lol). And the rating in kw those commondores get is at the engine. And commondores are slow as nothing better than racing them and beating them with the wheels spinnin still lol, and some wanker in there 90k car getting beaten by a 20k "rice burner" that looks and goes better.

he said that his car has 250kw and my GTR only 200kw, but if i dont have twin turbo, then dont waste his time.

if he knew what a GTR was he would know it had twin turbo im sure that you would have nothing to worriy about untilk speed limiter kicks in