SAU Community

R34gtt Wheels On R333gtst

tek_01

hey all just a quick question, im purchasing an r33 that has these wheels on them which i think are from an r34 gtt

http://www.japimports.com.au/images/cars/car028.jpg

just wondering are they the right offset etc to go on my car? because there is a ticking noise that is in timing with something on a tyre coming from either passenger front or rear (like a screw stuck in the tyre that ticks faster and faster as u go faster)

the dealer is trying to sort it out and he said they might be the wrong offset because he cant find nothing in the tyre at all

also he changed the whole left side rims with another type and they didnt make any noise so he has narrowed it down to the rim or tyre... im impatient and just want to know if it the rims hitting on the calipers or something to that extent.

thanks

I have them on mine. The caliper is literally a millimeter (or less) away from the centre of the wheel. Might want to check that there is nothing on the rim that can touch. Look for wear marks?

Failing that, the noise sounds exactly like when I get a small stone or rock stuck in the tread. Rotate the tyres one by one until you've checked the surface of them all. =-]

I have them on mine. The caliper is literally a millimeter (or less) away from the centre of the wheel. Might want to check that there is nothing on the rim that can touch. Look for wear marks?

Failing that, the noise sounds exactly like when I get a small stone or rock stuck in the tread. Rotate the tyres one by one until you've checked the surface of them all. =-]

thanks mate, will tell the dealer that.. i like the rims though so i want to keep them if i can