SAU Community

Friday Night Mountain Run

IanB

That Zed really boogies up at "highway" speeds, made me wish I bought the TT Supra and not the non-turbo!

You were in the silver supra mate? I was expecting you to fly away from me along the highway after being so fast thru the twisties - did you even try?

Zed loved the bit of road just before we stopped to talk to the local flashers and friends - long fast straights and sweepers :D Except that dam Hilux slowed us down. Finally passed him (and another skyline at same time) and after that we didn't catch the lead group til just before we stopped.

Once again, awesome nite guys, thanks again Ian, and I can't wait til the next one :D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were in the silver supra mate? I was expecting you to fly away from me along the highway after being so fast thru the twisties - did you even try?

Yeah that was me, the Supra is a non-turbo so out on the open road the lack of power is really really obvious :D. Around the Mountain it's more about car control than raw power :dry:. No level of car control can help when it's just a big long straight and only one foot pressed down.:D

Yeah that was me, the Supra is a non-turbo so out on the open road the lack of power is really really obvious :). Around the Mountain it's more about car control than raw power :laugh:. No level of car control can help when it's just a big long straight and only one foot pressed down.:laugh:

My passenger goes that supra isn't so fast and I said to him that I didn't think you were even trying... That 200 was pretty quick tho - complete with flamage

Tell you what man, to make it up to you, do you want to go on a run sometime, like, me and you. Nothing competitive about it, and im not trying to call you out, but since you missed out this time im happy to take you to make up for it? Im sure thered be a couple of others to tag along too.

ill probobly see what I can do about orginising these once per month or thereabouts? Running them too much will see the numbers dip, and I need time to scout and plan the routes. Im thinking gold coast hinterlands next time would be fun, with a finish at a hoggs breath up there?

We will see when the time comes next month.

ooh ooh!! Ill come!!! lol

would have liked to come but only saw this post now :)

Pish Posh.

That supra was all over me on the mountains!

But I have some new mods done now that have and will continue to drastically change the handling of the car...

Cant wait till the next mountain cruise. Should also have the coilovers and new breaks on there too by then.

So... noone wants to be my navigator to scout the next run?

That was my 1st ever cruise in my skyline, when u all took off on me and magicmike (300zx) when we pulled out of Milton maccas when we got stuck at the traffic lights I was like wow no way....

Then I was last in the line when we starting the incline up the mountain. I missed a gear and slowed right down... I wasn’t 2 comfortable or knew what my car was capable of doing to begin with so I took it easy and I just see the rest of u taken off in the distance and my passengers were like... holy shit there fast...

Any way we drove up there and went right past where u guys stopped for a break... we missed it and kept going, we stopped had a toilet break on the side of the road and said oh this sucks... there long gone now lets call it a night and go home

So we turned around, as we were going down my mate said there is a car coming turn your high beam off... then we were like hold on a tick, THERE THEY ARE so we did a u turn and kept up for the rest

But yeh I was stuck behind the hilux along the highway for a bit but i seen the 200 and a r33 fly past me and then 3 seconds later the 300 and another skyline.... crazy shit never thought id see this happen...

Over all I had a great time your all a great bunch of people and I hope to come out with you again :laugh:

That’s my story :)

We will offer you our sincerest commiserations and pat the winner on the back...... Seems obvious!!

well that's dave's repsonse, just gotta wait for squizz's and andy's :)

Quick question for Squizz, after the mountain run, my suspension is a bit softer. Shocks still feel OK but the springs may have collapsed?? The new Whiteline adjustable swaybars are still doing their job but the springs feels really soft. They are only about 18 months old. Does this sound reasonable??