SAU Community

What Is The Quitest Sport Muffler

taiphan

Kakimoto is quiet. There was one on the FS within the last couple of weeks. I'd buy that if I still had a car - my favourite muffler for a road car.

Fujitsubo is also known for being quiet.

You might wanna put your setup now - there might be a cheaper way.. i.e. if you have a hot dog and cannon then the easiest way to make it quiet would be putting in a mid muffler, it would be cheaper and might sound good.

Good luck.

hi

are 5Zigen & Kakimoto easy to get in melboure?

can you guys rec a place?

i heard about the new xforce remote control adjustable muffler..retails for about $500

anyone tried this one?

any good?

Go to your local decent exhaust shop and ask them to replace your rear muffler with a Magnaflow oval muffler and a mid oval muffler also. The noise is made by the internal design of your cannon/mufflers.

I changed from a jap exhaust to a custom cat-back and the difference in noise was astonishing, no more drone, popping or headaches just a constant quiet RB26.

I have a 5Zigen oval muffler & literally cannot hear it over the tyre noise. Dunno is you want it THAT quiet, however.

By the way it has a JASMA plate on it starting with 92-. not sure if the 92 in some way refer to the dBA rating.

Edited by djr81

I had a 3 inch Nismo cat back with the middle 'muffler' and oval rear muffler and 4" tip, picked up 2nd hand for $350 from an importer.

It was as quiet as, prob a little too quiet - i.e. did a 5000 rpm launch with cops on the other side of a van beside me and when they pulled me over they didn't mention one thing about the exhaust, only how fast I took off. No tyre squealing tho(32-GTS4)so that probably disguised the speed of the takeoff a little as well as the quiet exhaust .

Didn't even get a ticket so I am glad the exhaust was quiet.

Edited by gts4diehard

• 4 weeks later...

I just fitted an HKS Silent Hi Power cat back, i was dubious about the silent part as i could see straight thru it and my daughter could fit her whole arm inside it. once fitted i was impressed, it achieved all its goals.

At idle it still sounds a little herby (i have cams), but on acceleration and deceleration it silences quite well, with little to no restrictions.

overall - impressed.

Most aftermarket systems are over the 90DB legal limit.I have a fujitsubo system.Which is really quiet.

However i managed to get defected for it.It was 94.6DB.The standard system i have on it now is 88.5DB.

The fujitsubo Legalis R system is 89DB at 4500RPM.That would be the system id recommend.