SAU Community

Where Is The Diagnostic Port On Rb20det Engine Loom?

Hi Guys

Took my car to unigroup engineering last night to get a dyno tune and fix up some running rough at cold start issues. He was looking for the diagnostic port to plug into so he could find out what was happening under the hood althoug he couldnt find it. I have been searching for the RB20DET wiring diagram although i cant seem to find it. Could anyone please direct me to where this plug/port would be located or a wiring diagram so i can attempt to find it myself. Help is much appreciated thank you.

If it was formerly a CA powered s13 they don't have a consult port.

You will have to wire one in direct off the ecu. It's not hard, i've done a couple myself. If you find an rb20 wiring diagram the consult plug wiring is normally shown in the top corner somewhere. There are 4 signal wires plus a power and an earth from memory.

If it was formerly a CA powered s13 they don't have a consult port.

You will have to wire one in direct off the ecu. It's not hard, i've done a couple myself. If you find an rb20 wiring diagram the consult plug wiring is normally shown in the top corner somewhere. There are 4 signal wires plus a power and an earth from memory.

You've been a massive help thank you very much :D , yes it was formerly a non turbo CA... Would you have any idea where i could find an rb20 wiring diagram?

You've been a massive help thank you very much :glare: , yes it was formerly a non turbo CA... Would you have any idea where i could find an rb20 wiring diagram?

http://www.ecutalk.com/images/consult_car.jpg

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/tomosang/skyline/mainte/wire.htm

the wiring link, even though in japanese, shows the (RX), (TX) etc in brackets for consult port. theres probably better ones around. IGN and GND dont have to be connected to ECU, just any IGN switched power supply (ecu is easiest)

ive got a car side consult plug if you need one ($16 posted)

Edited by NewKleer