SAU Community

Whats Your Top 3 Favourite Game Series

Cooper

Just thought i would see what top 3 games series people prefer and which games from the series do you like the most.

Mine:

1. Metal Gear solid series - Deffinately my favourite games series can get enough of it, i have every MGS game that has been available and multiple copies of some of them. My favourite one would have to be the original Metal Gear Solid (I have 3 different versions of it) :laugh:

2. Gran Turismo series - This will be high on most peoples list im assuming, great racing simulator for hours of fun. My favourite would be GT3

3. Final Fantasy series - I have played and finished from 7 onwards awesome series, great RPG. My favourite would be FF7 it has the best story of them all and also the best battle system great all round game that i still play today.

So tell me and everyone else what your favourites are :wave:

Edited by Cooper

1: Final fantasy Series.

thousand of hours invested into the FF series!

FFVII, although its gettin a bit long in the tooth, im still playing it, finished it countless times, 1,000+ in this game since it was first released... and i still havent finished everything!!

FFVIII, was a serious let down. Played it once, finished practically everything, never touched it again. probably the least time ive ever spent on a game.

FFIX, ranks just as well as FF7, countless hours spent there, only finished it 3 times, but its got lots of years left in it!

FFX, kinda like FFVII, you could spend thousands of hours playing it, and youd probably still miss something. about 300 hours into that since it was released...

FFX-2, didnt interest me a great deal, never finished it, loaned it to a friend about a week after i got it, still havent got it back, might get it back next week n try to finish it.

Ill be gettin myself a copy of the dirge of cerberus in a few weeks, hopefully its as good as FFVII....

2: Metal Gear Solid.

5 minutes into playing the first MGS game, i was hooked, the battles, the twists in the storyline, loved it all, even the hours of frustration the first time i attempted to defeat Rex :P

special missions, MGS2, Substance, Snake eater, Subsistence, played em all, while not as involving as the FF series, so easy to lose track of time, cant wait for the next!

3: Gran Turismo.

I think its pretty self explanatory!

yes, im a bit of a game nerd ;)

1. Metal Gear solid series - Deffinately my favourite games series can get enough of it, i have every MGS game that has been available and multiple copies of some of them. My favourite one would have to be the original Metal Gear Solid (I have 3 different versions of it) :w00t:

3 different versions? details?

Oh I have to make an amendment to my list:

No.4: Hereos of might and magic series, I don't care what anyone says I rekon its a great game.

And

No.5: Command and Conquer Series (Except for Renegade)

1: Final fantasy Series.

thousand of hours invested into the FF series!

FFVII, although its gettin a bit long in the tooth, im still playing it, finished it countless times, 1,000+ in this game since it was first released... and i still havent finished everything!!

FFVIII, was a serious let down. Played it once, finished practically everything, never touched it again. probably the least time ive ever spent on a game.

FFIX, ranks just as well as FF7, countless hours spent there, only finished it 3 times, but its got lots of years left in it!

FFX, kinda like FFVII, you could spend thousands of hours playing it, and youd probably still miss something. about 300 hours into that since it was released...

FFX-2, didnt interest me a great deal, never finished it, loaned it to a friend about a week after i got it, still havent got it back, might get it back next week n try to finish it.

Ill be gettin myself a copy of the dirge of cerberus in a few weeks, hopefully its as good as FFVII....

2: Metal Gear Solid.

5 minutes into playing the first MGS game, i was hooked, the battles, the twists in the storyline, loved it all, even the hours of frustration the first time i attempted to defeat Rex :laugh:

special missions, MGS2, Substance, Snake eater, Subsistence, played em all, while not as involving as the FF series, so easy to lose track of time, cant wait for the next!

3: Gran Turismo.

I think its pretty self explanatory!

yes, im a bit of a game nerd :)

3 different versions? details?

Of the orignial MGS i have the normal PS1 version (which i have played countless times getting a quicker time everytime with a best time of 2 hours 23 minutes :) ), VR missions (which i dont count really) the Twin Snakes version on the Game Cube (the reason i bought a Cube) which is apparently hard to get now, and i have the MGS Digital Graphic Novel, so i really only have 2 playable versions but i am including the DGN as a version aswell :wave:

I also have MGS 2 Substence, MGS 3 Snake Eater (soon to have Subsistience sp), Metal Gear Ac!d 1 and 2 and hopefully i will have MGS: Portable Ops by the end of this week which is the brand new one which looks awesome :(

Edited by Cooper

1. Gran Turismo (VISION (GT5) LOOKS f**kEN AWESOME)

2. Need for Speed series (Porsche Unleashed and NFS Hot pursuit rocked)

3. Pro Evolution Soccer (Including early ISS Pro)

wasnt the 1st mgs on some early form of console like nintendo or commodore64 or someshit.

1. Gran Turismo (VISION (GT5) LOOKS f**kEN AWESOME)

2. Need for Speed series (Porsche Unleashed and NFS Hot pursuit rocked)

3. Pro Evolution Soccer (Including early ISS Pro)

wasnt the 1st mgs on some early form of console like nintendo or commodore64 or someshit.

The franchise started on early consoles as you mention but it was called Metal Gear, there was a few of them (2 or 3). But the first Metal Gear Solid was on the PS1

1. Monkey Island Series

Point and click adventures are still the greatest games of all time. No one could touch lucasarts games in the early 90's.

The secret of Monkey Island still is my favorite game of all time.

2. SNK fighters.

Hard to decide but maybe KOF2000 all the SNK 2d fighters have been pretty awesome. Some lately have been a bit of a letdown though like SNK vs Capcom chaos.

3. So many other series i love and cherish so it's hard to decide.

It would be out of,

Final Fantasy

Gran Turismo

Metal Gear Solid

Virtua Fighter

Shenmue (god this game is amazing i've got both on dreamcast)

Half Life

Doom

Quake

Silent Hill

Resident Evil

Phantasy Star (i played thousands of hours online with the dreamcast, sadly the dreamcast and gamecube servers will be shut down next march)

Grand Theft Auto

Tony Hawk

Capcom had awesome fighting games, Like Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Capcom vs SNK 2, X-men Vs Street Fighter on saturn is awesome, Street Fighter 2 and most of it's spinoff's

Good to see someone list the Secret of Mana series.

1. Monkey Island Series

Point and click adventures are still the greatest games of all time. No one could touch lucasarts games in the early 90's.

The secret of Monkey Island still is my favorite game of all time.

2. SNK fighters.

Hard to decide but maybe KOF2000 all the SNK 2d fighters have been pretty awesome. Some lately have been a bit of a letdown though like SNK vs Capcom chaos.

3. So many other series i love and cherish so it's hard to decide.

It would be out of,

Final Fantasy

Gran Turismo

Metal Gear Solid

Virtua Fighter

Shenmue (god this game is amazing i've got both on dreamcast)

Half Life

Doom

Quake

Silent Hill

Resident Evil

Phantasy Star (i played thousands of hours online with the dreamcast, sadly the dreamcast and gamecube servers will be shut down next march)

Grand Theft Auto

Tony Hawk

Capcom had awesome fighting games, Like Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Capcom vs SNK 2, X-men Vs Street Fighter on saturn is awesome, Street Fighter 2 and most of it's spinoff's

Good to see someone list the Secret of Mana series.

Wow you got so many similar series that I played except for Doom, Quake, Tony Hawk, Monkey crap :P

Must agree Shenmue series is awesome and it's a shame not many people even know it. When I first saw it on Internet back in '99 I couldn't believe it was possible to make that sort of graphic and game play, it was pretty much the pinnacle of video games back then. I also spent gazillion hours on Phantasy Star Online DC just for chatting and mucking around with the chat bubble animations (remember those guys that made weeds and bj animation? those cracked me up all the time :D ) The hackzors pretty much ruined the game. Man Dreamcast was a perfect console, the only one that let you play online globally. I think Saturn also had dial up modem but only available in Japan.

JeeTeeEss25Tee thats good to here.

There was a modem for the Saturn called the "Net-Link" it was also avaliable in the US.

It had about 3 games on launch. Daytona USA netlink edition and the other 2 evade me at the moment.

If you don't have shenmue 2 get it. Get the dreamcast version if you can.

It's a truely beautiful game. Even made me cry. haha.

And PSO god i loved that game. It was so good on the dreamcast.

I had a bunch of regulars i played with.

Thos animations were great. Some very clever ones there were.

I still play on gamecube a bit with my brother. Only got up to about level 100 on gamecube, my brother is about 130 or so.