SAU Community

Ruined Clutch! Help!

mike1987

last night my clutch passed away, as in slip real bad in 3rd and 4th, luckily i just bought the exedy 5 puck heavy duty clutch, where would the best place to go to be in the hornsby or northern beaches area???

last night my clutch passed away, as in slip real bad in 3rd and 4th, luckily i just bought the exedy 5 puck heavy duty clutch, where would the best place to go to be in the hornsby or northern beaches area???

How many drastic monuvers did you make on monday night? :) J/K

Clutch kit should have everything you need : Thrust bearing,Pressure plate & Clutch plate

NOTE : make sure you get flywheel machined a must if you need to claim warranty ( if something goes wrong not long arfter job done under normal driving conditions ) also reduces shuddering on engaement. :D

Is it slipping just in 3rd & 4th what about other gears?

Has it got low pick up on the pedal?

Edited by JETR32

Hills Motor Sport in Castle Hill is good. great prices there. fixed my clutch up last time for hardly anything including parts and the guys there know what they are doing. payed around $300 or so for the gear box in and out 2 times, new fork and thrust brace (is it called race or brace? part that holds the thrust bearing) and alot of fiddling around figuring out what was wrong.

had all the work done on my car there recently and its top quality work for a good price.

02 8802 0777