SAU Community

Anyone Coming Back To Australia Soon'ish? (from Japan)

SS8_Gohan

hey y'all

just wondering if anyone is coming back to Australia any time soon? Specifically melbourne?

I have a hair brain scheme that involves some body kit parts and some "excess baggage" for someone to fly back with :laugh:

will make it worth your while.

cheers,

daniel

i'd rate your chances as slim, and next to none.

i'll be travelling tokyo-syd in late january. and would happily do it for ~$1800 + any costs.

seriously, it's far smarter and economical to ship stuff that big.

the place i'm getting the body kit from, the owner did a japan-sydney flight with a full body kit. cost him 30,000 yen.

otherwise it will cost around $1500 aud to ship it, compared to about $350-500 excess baggage costs.

it's been done before, just wondering if anyone is keen

EDIT: also can organise for packaged to meet person at airport to check in for the flight, and organise for it to be picked up at oz airport.

i think because their "shipping" options, go via Air. 100,000 - 150,000 yen.

But even when i asked one of the traders, slidewize or something, who would be using a container, the price ended up the same. so i don't know...

all i know that if someone is willing, it can work out a heap cheaper to do excess baggage.

I think the fact that it's not really weight, but how much space it takes up is the problem, volumetric price.

It would be rear bumper, and side skirts, plus extra bits to fit to the side skirts and rear bumper