SAU Community

Gumball Rally

saff_cossie

• 4 weeks later...

AS AN ENTRANT FOR THE UNLIMITED RUN IN 2007 I CAN SAY THAT I THINK THE PRICE OF $1850 IS RESONABLE FOR AN EVENT THAT IS HELD OVER 4 DAYS. ALTHOUGH THIS EVENT IS NOT AS BIG AS THE GUMBALL 3000 OR THE CANNONBALL RUN, IT STILL LOOKS LIKE A HELL OF A LOT OF FUN AND FROM TALKING TO THE ORGANIZERS OF THIS EVENT AND SOME OF THE PREVIOUS ENTRANTS, IT WILL NOT BE LONG BEFORE THIS EVENT IS ON THE FORE FRONT OF EVENTS LIKE THIS. THESE GUYS HAVE SOME MAJOR PLANS FOR THIS EVENT INCLUDING A 3 STATE RUN IN THE NEXT YEAR OR SO. I THINK THAT THIS IS FAR BETTER VALUE THAN SPENDING £28,000 (ROUGHLY $70,000AUD) ON THE GUMBALL OR $10,000 FOR THE CANNONBALL. BOTH OF THESE EVENTS HAVE SAID BE SPENDING A GOOD PART OF THEIR TIME IN SEARING HEAT IN THE NORTHERN TERRITORY. I CAN THINK OF BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN WASH RED DUST OUT OF EVERY ORIFACE OF MY CAR. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A WARM UP EVENT FOR THE CANNONBALL THEIR SITE IS scphada enterprises "the unlimited run" DROP THESE GUYS A LINE OR MAYBE EVEN USE THIS EVENT TO WORK SOME BUGS OUT FOR THE CANNONBALL LIKE WE WILL BE!

Edited by barnz

You do realise of course there is more than 1 Sydney in the world, off the top of my head there is one in Canada and one in Scotland as well :).

Not to the Brits there isnt! Melbourne doesnt even exist! :)

• 1 year later...

BUMP....

Its 2008... But its over and never started....

who wants to trek across from Brisbane to the great ocean road.... on the Pacific and Princes Highways... through the great alpine road...