SAU Community

Whats Better Neorb25 Or Earlier Series 1&2 Engines

skyguy61

The NEO is obviously the pick, with the better VCT, bigger turbo, bigger rods and solid top end etc...

However, if you were considering bolting the head to an RB30 bottom end down the track, don't choose the NEO RB25 now, choose the R33 RB25DET.

Otherwise NEO all the way.

The NEO is obviously the pick, with the better VCT, bigger turbo, bigger rods and solid top end etc...

However, if you were considering bolting the head to an RB30 bottom end down the track, don't choose the NEO RB25 now, choose the R33 RB25DET.

Otherwise NEO all the way.

Totally Agree.

Why? I think the NEO works better.

Coz unless you wanna spend the time f**king around getting VCT to work (oil feed etc), or getting rid of it then the NA RB25DE head is the way to go >_<

Hi All,

i thought it would be good to get your thoughts on this from you guys on which RB25 is the pick of them all cheers

Series 1 is heavier and contains more lugs to attach the chain to, therefore a much better boat anchor.

QED >_<

Edited by Gav

i thought the non neo motors were easier to get power out of since they didn't have as much pollution crap done to them. also thought the neo had a head that didn't flow as well (not sure if it was to do with cams, valves or general design), and smaller injectors.

but i may be wrong.

Edited by mad082