SAU Community

Boost Gauge Options?

tek_01

hey all, ill be purchasing a boost gauge as soon as i get my car so i have a couple questions

firstly what type are considered the best mechanical or electrical? and are any of them illegal in nsw?

second what types are there available.. most known brands like hks, apexi etc have readings in bar not psi and id rather have it in psi as its easier to read as i know most things in psi

i know there is cheapie ones like speco etc but not real keen on them. i am after perhaps something with a black face but not too fussed.. 50-60mm in size. ideally id like to spend not more than $120 on one but if quality ones are more than ill spend it

ive searched places like psiparts, uas, justjap and a few others but nothing really matches what i want so if anyone has any suggestions im interested in hearing them

thanks

why spend so much on a boost gauge ? i got a decent one from just jap which reads in PSI for $70 . smokey face , nice and bright when you turn her on . easy installation , just buy a pillar to mount them , they do come with a mounting system though ,

yeah i get your drift . this is my second car - and evrything im buying im getting the best . but i see a lot of people tend to waist money on unecessary things , were money could be put to better use .

my 2cs , good luck

Indeed! Boost is one of the gauges that you DON'T want to be inaccurate. As for illegal mods, you might want to watch using A-pillar pods in NSW. I know they are defectable in Vic and more than likely in NSW too

Indeed! Boost is one of the gauges that you DON'T want to be inaccurate. As for illegal mods, you might want to watch using A-pillar pods in NSW. I know they are defectable in Vic and more than likely in NSW too

yes i spose so.. most probably be getting a pod from u mearkat, but got to choose the gauge first

Bought an Autogauge branded 30psi unit. sat about -5psi with engine off. On boost was showing ~4psi when a correct gauge was showing ~9.

Using an Apexi mechanical El unit now. Once you get your head around the conversion it is second nature, even though I still think in pounds..

Nengun for me.

As MearCat says, It is a critical gauge.