SAU Community

12 Sec 1/4 Miles

Hi guys,

I have a r33 gtst with a cat back zorst, hks mushroom filter and kyb coilovers.I now have set my self a goal to get myself a 12 second past at calder park in early Janurary on my time off work. I was wondering what mods i would need to do to be able to acheve this goal and keep in mind i am trying to do it on a bit of a budget? Thanks heaps for any advice.

Hi.

Have you read the Forced Induction sticky thread?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=66556

Because it has two threads right at the top:

13.4 second 1/4 for your 'stockish' R33. (A how to guide).

Project: 12sec Daily Driver R33 GTS-t

Between those two great threads, i doubt you'll have a question left as they cover asbolutely everything as members took a lot of time to do thier write ups.

Please have a read of the sticky. It contains many many threads of great info.

cheers

I read the thread that was linked above... I think it was just a bitch fight wasn't it??? Is there actually someone who has a time slip for a 12 who can post their mods as being as close to stock as possible?

It was painful reading through those 13 pages of insults.

** I'm talking about the 12second dailey driver thread ** incase I missed one that is actually clear and to the point...

Edited by psybic

well my stock ride put out 145rwkw and put a custom turbo back system, split dump pipe with a 3" system right through with a 5" highflow cat which cost a total of $1,350. got me to 170rwkw. my best et with my 19" monsters was 13.700 and with bald slicks 13.426. i think raising boost to 12psi will get me pretty close to 200rwkw and hopefully the extra 30kw will get me to the 12's. so i can do it cheap and just front mount, boost controller, pod and turbo back exhaust,

1350 exhaust

400 boost controller

1000 fmic supply and installed

but i prob go at least a piggyback so that i can tune airflow. pick up a decent one for 500.

A 12 second pass in January, at Calder with KYB coilovers......good luck.

I did a 12.8 at 111 mph in the R34GTT with these mods;

1. MT ET radials, 255/50/16, check out the Group Buy

2. Standard rear shocks and springs (if you still have them)

3. Power FC with Boost Control Kit

4. Heat shield and ambient air feed for the pod.

5. Standard turbo, boost up to 12 psi for the passes (10 psi all other times)

6. Split dump, check out the Group Buy

7. High flow cat, check out the Group Buy

8. Clutch, the standard clutch WILL die

9. Tuning, tuning, tuning

10. Practise for the driver

Trying to do the same in the R33GTST, so far a 13.4 at 99 mph when the standard clutch died. Back to WSID shortly to finish the job.

:D cheers :wave:

A 12 second pass in January, at Calder with KYB coilovers......good luck.

I did a 12.8 at 111 mph in the R34GTT with these mods;

2. Standard rear shocks and springs (if you still have them)

3. Power FC with Boost Control Kit

5. Standard turbo, boost up to 12 psi for the passes (10 psi all other times)

6. Split dump, check out the Group Buy

9. Tuning, tuning, tuning

10. Practise for the driver

Trying to do the same in the R33GTST, so far a 13.4 at 99 mph when the standard clutch died. Back to WSID shortly to finish the job.

:D cheers :D

Very good effort on the standard turbo mate!

my best et with my 19" monsters was 13.700 and with bald slicks 13.426.
You are still doing 2.0sec 60ft right? You just need more practice and you will knock off 0.2sec, I dare say it could even just be your rear suspension setup. Then up your boost to 12psi and you will have the other 0.2sec or just buy an ecu or exhaust cam gear to make it abit easier.

Yes many have done 12's with the stock turbo, have a look at the stage 1 tuning guide on my webpage that will give you enough power. Then you just need a some good tyres and some good driving.

Best ive managed was at Heathcoute on a 32 degree day, with a grinding 4th gear sincro, and it was only my second time drag racing.

195rwkw @ 10 psi

13.6 @ 105mph

2.2 second 60 ft

Was using 235/45/17 hankook K104's with Sydneykids groupbuy suspension.

Im confident that the car easily has the power to do a 12 I just need a better setup maybe a cooler day. MT ET radials 255/50/16, install stock springs but retain bilstein shocks.

cheers

Edited by Munna1

mate with a bit of fine tuning my ride will drop in time, the coilovers are not helping but i have ordered the exhaust cam gear, boost controller, and shopping for the fmic. not going to change the suspension as i like the ride of the coilovers. cant wait to hit the 12's tho

<stand by for blatant 'couldn't be bothered' copy and paste> :)

I did a 12.6 at 107 mph in the R33GTST with these mods;

2. Whiteline Suspension kit (pineapples most important)

3. Power FC with Boost Controler

5. Standard turbo, boost up to 13 psi for the passes

6. Stock dump

9. Tuning (Tune 4 years old)

10. Practise for the driver x lots! Practice is the key element above EVERYTHING ELSE

10a. Ran a 12.9 @ 108mph with standard road tyres (Falken ZE326).

Adrian