SAU Community

Where & When To Go Cruise & Camp

J_Red33

Where when & what in  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok Guys this is the first vote set up for when people want to go for a trip camping/cabining. The place with the most votes will be the first area I will try to see if we can get in.

Whether we make it 1 or 2 nights will be determined at a later date, it may be possible to have 2 runns, 1 lot arriving on friday & another saturday.

If you have any additions, comments, questions etc. & for more info please go to the main thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=144209

Edit: Nightcrawler has done some ringing around & found out that virtually nowhere is available in January. So for now just pick any date when voting, the finalised weekend will have to be determined at a later date

Cheers

Edited by JazzaR33

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely vote against Jan 6-7 (most people end of holidays and still recovering from Xmas/New Year), and Jan 27-28 (Aus Day long weekend - xtra traffic etc plus miss out on the cricket). Either of the other weekends sound good.

Victor will be way too busy to get a large group of people accommodated, as likely will Goolwa. Mannum is boring as bat shit, as is Normanville. I vote Stansbury as I have never been there and wouldn't mind checking out the fishing!

I have emailed the Stansbury Caravan Park to ask for costs of cabins and availability in Jan. I am sure those that wish to camp can do so next to cabins.

geez look at stansbury i gues thats a winner an hopfuly late jan as i need all the time i can get need to do service etc an pay court fines an all that shit. car cost to much an i dont even hav a licence to enjoy my car >_<

sorry but wtf is Stansbury? >_<

I voted for Mannum coz its a nice drive up the windy rd, into the big horse, tungkilo, the museum and the cool breeze of the mighty Murray @ Mannum, a boat trip also with some beer :D

anytime, but get it happening

Should have added an "Any of the above" option for all of them, as I'm only really fussed about the date...

ah crap nice call .... yes I definitely won't be missing Schitzenfaced! We should do an SAU meet-up again this year (the last 2 years have been awesome) - I might make a new post!
Hell yeah, you know I'm there, shame I can't be as lecherous this year now I have missus, unless... hahaha!

Make that post as a lot of people will disappear over xmas / new year and it'll end up organised in a rush if you wait til afterwards.

Edited by Oosh

well I just got an email back from Goolwa and Stansbury caravan parks and both are fully booked for the whole of January, as it is school holidays (and I'll bet every caravan park is the same). I vote we move it to February.

well I just got an email back from Goolwa and Stansbury caravan parks and both are fully booked for the whole of January, as it is school holidays (and I'll bet every caravan park is the same). I vote we move it to February.

sounds good to me

Its oyster bay silly :wave:

yorke peninsula....virtually due west from adelaide over the gulf

lol :glare:

thanks

yorke would be good

tent/cabin? cant we do a day trip?

or is taht too far?

Edited by andz69

Id only be staying the night if I could get a cabin for my family of 4, unfortunately. Dont have an easy2assemble 4berth tent or airbeds etc....... Id mainly be in it for the cruise, and to say gday and all that.

Otherwise a cruise, drinks, eats, etc and then a solo drive back home might be on the cards for my family.

I voted Normanville - beaut place. Some nice roads around there too, generally "enforcement-free" too.

edit: unless I leave the wife and kids at home and sleep-over in the Stagea =)

Would be interested 20th onwards any weekend any where. would be good to catch up n meet a few guys from here. lol but are girlfriends invited to? or is this a men only weekend?? :D

Well we're not exactly a mens club are we?? :D Naah not a guys weekend it's a Skylines weekend (though we're not really discriminating there either). Women are more than welcome, single women even more so :D.

I guess it would have been a better idea to actually just establish the most popular location first & then figure out the date. Sounds like Jan's out, should have know I guess being summer & school holidays. Thanks for doing the legwork Andrew.

Edited by JazzaR33

Well we're not exactly a mens club are we?? :) Naah not a guys weekend it's a Skylines weekend (though we're not really discriminating there either). Women are more than welcome, single women even more so :P.

Haha thats k was only having a laugh! :)