SAU Community

R34 Post-compliance Headlights

jmac

Anyone know how to adjust the R34 headlights after they've been complianced and had the HID bulbs taken out of them?

I'm assuming it's a simple screw adjustment but where? Maybe these don't work once the compliance places have finished stuffing around? I've tried the obvious one sitting to the outside of the headlight moulding just before the front fender starts (clearly visible in the photos), with no effect.

My low-beams are aimed too low which makes driving on a dark night a little dodgy.

I'm attached some photos from above and one of the inside of the driver's side low-beam. Any help much appreciated thanks!!!

post-17890-1165407976.jpg

post-17890-1165407989.jpg

post-17890-1165408003.jpg

The headlights up down switch doesn't work anymore?

Yeah I was gonna ask tht question too...34s have a switch right of the steering wheel underneath..allows u to adjust the beams 3 levels...guess if you're asking this means ur switch probably doesn't work or is non existent?

yep it's gone - just a hole in the dash where it used to be... :D

i'm assuming there must be some manual way of adjusting the beam - surely this isn't legal to be complianced without some form of adjustment??

my switch was also taken out during compliance i think.......no control knob however behind where the switch use to be i c a wire harness can this be reconnected???

Edited by rgr34

Wow loads of people get their switches taken, I did as well, but managed to go back to the dealer and get one off another car before it went to the complier (who is know for taking them off)

I'm not 100% sure of this myself, but from what I've been told is that (in NSW at least) the adjustability of the xenon headlights are the reason for the defect (thus removed at compliancing) as it is manually controlled.

The reason that cars like BMW's can have them is because the headlights automatically dip & adjust themselves when the car is carrying extra load eg. rear passengers & cargo in the boot.

All I know is that my headlights are the originals & the switch still works ;)

Edited by Yo-Yo

Xenon lights on ADR-compliant cars must have auto-levelling to prevent dazzle, and washers, as these types of bulbs have a reduced effectiveness proportionally greater than halogen-type lights when the lights are dirty. So compliancers take them out - usually! :ninja:

I've still got my control switch thingy in the dash and it works too :)

However, I wouldn't rely on that to bring your headlights up enough anyway..I still had to manually adjust them and the switch just gives a little more control on top.

Look for a white plastic hex shaped knob, that where you adjust it from.

Turn it and the light will aim up or down.

(this is on the normal HID, should be the same though)

could you point out on the pics where this knob should be? i've had a pretty hard look under there and it's not making itself obvious.... :)