Strange Button

HolyEvil

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wouldnt it be really obvious if it was rear wiper. i mean, if you press it, your rear wiper will start, and then we wouldnt be having this discussion :D

so i'm guessing you guys have the rear wiper control on the left stalk with the regular wiper? like r33?

Attached is a picture with a button that I do not understand. What does it do?

thanks

That is a mirror heater switch ( it heats up the 2 exterior mirrors) and its located on the right side of the steering wheel. This is not a guess its fact , the reason i say this is because you are going to switch it on and probably nothing will happen. I hear you say why? Because the compliance shop have changed the the glass in the mirrors ( because they dont comply, no "E" mark on them ) , the heaters are on the actual glass!!!

If you take one of the mirrors off you will see the lug there going nowhere.

There are also heating panels on the front and rear windscreen where the windscreen wipers sit.

It's designed so that you can get in your car in a snowy environment and flick the switch and your wipers wont stick to the window.

Chances are you have a red and white light in your rear bar like mine?

You have a mountain car like me!!!

wouldnt it be really obvious if it was rear wiper. i mean, if you press it, your rear wiper will start, and then we wouldnt be having this discussion :laugh:

so i'm guessing you guys have the rear wiper control on the left stalk with the regular wiper? like r33?

I am thinking...thinking...thinking.....Wiper/blade eject switch...auto relacement button.

But might be to obvious,,,so I will go rear wiper switch.

But don't take my answer as being correct...could be anything...lol :happy:

I am thinking...thinking...thinking.....Wiper/blade eject switch...auto relacement button.

But might be to obvious,,,so I will go rear wiper switch.

But don't take my answer as being correct...could be anything...lol :(

I am thinking...thinking...thinking....your a very foolish person who talks alot of rubbish :)

Im with wrxhoon, sounds pretty clued up to me :)

Bass Junky is correct, it is actually for the Front windscreen demisters. Not all R34s come with it as it was an option.

If your car has the original windscreen, you will see the demistera near the wiper blades

ahh sweet i think we're on to something now. bass junky, indeed, my car has one white reverse light and one rear fog light, and a person who could decypher japanese tells me my rego sticker (still have the original jap one lol) is from hokkaido (the northern island of japan).

hmm mystery solved? will have a look at the windscreen in the morning - don't know if it's the original one....