SAU Community

Strange Button

HolyEvil

Here we go guys i hope this will put any doubts you have to rest :

Like i said before that switch does the 2 external mirrors in my R34 M-spec and the switch next to it and another on the other side of the steering wheel heats the seats . The drivers side switch for the drivers seat and the passengers side switch the pass seat . These were standard on all BNR34 M-specs ( at least thats what i think).

pic 1) BNR-34 owners manual

2) The page where it shows you what the switches are,

3) The page where it tells you in detail what the swith does , some of our jap speakers maybe able to translate.

4) The location of the 2 switches ( pic taken from my car )

5) The glass in my drivers side mirror ( rear) shows the heater elements and plug.

6) The passengers side seat heater switch taken from my car .

post-5240-1165644097.jpg

post-5240-1165644112.jpg

post-5240-1165644138.jpg

post-5240-1165644192.jpg

post-5240-1165644206.jpg

post-5240-1165644217.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Um, dude, you just shot yourself in the foot I think...

I can't read Japanese, but my interpretation of this pic

post-17890-1165667648.jpg

is that the arrows are clearly pointing to the driver's windscreen wiper and thus refer to heating it up somehow.

However you could be right and pressing this button ALSO heats up the wing mirrors, but it seems very illogical to me to have an icon which obiously depicts a windscreen wiper on the button and for that button to only heat up the mirrors.

Man, it's funny the insignificant things I manage to care about... :action-smiley-069:

Um, dude, you just shot yourself in the foot I think...

I can't read Japanese, but my interpretation of this pic

Shot myself in the foot ? why ? I know exacly what it does on my car dude, by the your posts you have no idea. Its all guessing for you and you say i shot myself in the foot .

This is what you thought it was : My theory is that it heats up the washer fluid. But that's just a theory.....

Then this: I'm voting for it engaging the nanotechnology bearings in the hyperdrive fission reactors

Then this: Headlight demister???

Superboost FTW!!!1~

At least i put up a copy of the owners manual for someone that speaks Japanese to translate , you just said you can't read japanese . No more guessing please leave it for the experts this time ok.

By the way i never disputed that the swich may do other demisting as well as external mirrors ....

to be exact, its called a 'DEICER'

it heats up the front window so it doesnt freeze when it has been snowing, and allows the wipers to remove the ice from the front windscreen easier. it also has a 15min timer, which automatically turns off after this time.

Edited by Acer

Going on a bit of a tangent here, even though the buttons function has already been explained...

Rear-window switches use a rectangle for the little picture on the button. Front windscreen window uses the curvy rectangle picture.

So that straight away tells you it is related to the front windscreen and not the rear window.

:P

wrxhoon, your button is different from the button posted on the first page...I think yours does heat up the two side mirrors

where the one in the first page heats up the front windscreen

wrxhoon, your button is different from the button posted on the first page...I think yours does heat up the two side mirrors

where the one in the first page heats up the front windscreen

It could very well be dude , his pic is not very clear, Imac's pic in post 3 looks the same as mine though .

Thats the reason i put up a copy of the owners manual , it shows the same buttons as my car has but mine is a late model GTR(one of the last of them made) so GTT's may/maynot be different.

I may add that that switch may activate other demisters as well but i know for a fact that it heats the mirrors because i have actually tested it in my car and the other ones do the seats, i have tested them as well.

A fluent Jap speaker like Streeter , Rezz, evolee ... should be able to tell us what it says in the book ...

Gee I'm glad this site has so many experts to help me. I would be nowhere without experts like you! :P

You can't even read dude, I never said I was an expert, what I said is "leave it for the experts to translate", no more guessing by you as you already had several goes at it !!!

Contary to what you think there are some people on here that know a little more than you ........ I doubt you beleive this though as you think you know it all.

By the way I don't think I know it all ( I hardly know anything actually), its because I want to learn that I put a copy of the manual on here, someone that knows ( NOT a know-all like you ) may translate it ...

Edited by wrxhoon

Uh, dude, I think you need to lighten up.

I posted a clear pic of the button and said "I've been wondering abotu this too" and "it's only a theory". Every other "guess" I had was obviously a joke, and pointing out how illogical your point about heating up the mirrors with a button with a picture of a windscreen wiper on it seems to have pissed you off.

I know very little and give a lot of people on here heaps of credit for helping me get the results from my car. I'm not a know-it-all but do occasionally enjoy annoying people with no apparent sense of humour.

So, sorry, wrxhoon, and thanks for helping and going to the trouble of posting the pages from the manual, and yes I too am curious to see the translation.

i also agree that the picture of the manual wrxhoon posted up shows it pointing to the windscreen not the mirror. it may however also work the heaters in the mirrors as well as the windscreen.

now wrxhoon you can go and get all cranky and post up what i posted as possible uses for the button, but i don't much care. if you do then it just shows that you need to follow choppers advice and "harden the fcuk up!"

i also agree that the picture of the manual wrxhoon posted up shows it pointing to the windscreen not the mirror. it may however also work the heaters in the mirrors as well as the windscreen.

now wrxhoon you can go and get all cranky and post up what i posted as possible uses for the button, but i don't much care. if you do then it just shows that you need to follow choppers advice and "harden the fcuk up!"

Dude its not "may work the heaters in the mirrors" it does in my car ( no ifs no buts no maybes ).

I'm not getting cranky either dude, i'm just trying to explain what this switch does .

I think you are full of shit though by posting this :

looks like either a rear wiper switch or a rear demister switch, but i don't know much about 34 interiors either.

And by this: and i think there is also a good possibility that jmac is right too.( heating up washer fluid, what a load of crap.

By the way i have a full translation of the owners manual thanks to Jesse ....

I think you are full of shit though by posting this :

looks like either a rear wiper switch or a rear demister switch, but i don't know much about 34 interiors either.

And by this: and i think there is also a good possibility that jmac is right too.( heating up washer fluid, what a load of crap.

why don't you have a cry about it.