SAU Community

How Many Of You Guys Drive A 33 Gts-t?

sillylankan

I drive a stock-ish looking gts-t r32.. It's only got 17's it's not lowered and i don't drive like an idiot in peak hour traffic, yet i get pulled over almost every day and about 1 in 10 times the bonnet gets popped. Just geet a r32 gts-t they look good (if u get the one with the Type-M frontbar) dont look like magna's or camry's and are only fractionally slower than a r33 !!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got done for power to weight twice in 2 days.. even made me walk home :D lol

its a risk you take, douzens of people get away with it and are lucky, others dont! so if you think its worth the risk, then yeh go for it...

others also mention the fact that driving it illegally will void your insurance, that is also another risk you take, i know of a few people who have made claims in thier r33 gts-t on thier p's and had no problems, mav would be one of them that many know!

its a risk you are taking, just gotta weigh up the pro's and cons... after i was done for power/weight (which is now $120~ and no points) used to be $110) i ended up buying an r32 gts-4 turbo, which isnt a bad little car although the problems ive had with it...

just dont rush into it

if your serious though, ive got a fairly stock very nice R33 gts-t for sale

:wave:

-Ruffels

2 Many lankans drive r33's already, get something different.

Yes I am a lankan and drove around a r33 for 6 years :wave:

Hey! I been driving an 82 civic since 2000 - its time i changed :glare:

Get a GTS-T most cops don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to grey imports or cars in general.

Now more than ever, Police are aware of what's what.

Police recently had to attend "hoon school" since the introduction of the new hoon laws, so they've been recently educated in regards to what's legal.

man im getting my mummy to pay for my petrol !!
i always shout people shit, and taking money just feels so pov haha.

So.. you don't like taking money, but you're going to get your mummy to pay for petrol? :glare:

Also take into account that the new graduated licencing system comes into play next year.

This means restrictions on driving high powered vehicles such as eight cylinder cars, cars with turbocharged or supercharged engines, and nominated high performance six-cylinder cars.

Offences will attract a fine and three demerit points.

Police recently had to attend "hoon school" since the introduction of the new hoon laws, so they've been recently educated in regards to what's legal.

Believe it when I see it.

If you guys wanna chat, the wasteland is the place

Driving a high powered car will give you demerit loss next year.

So watch the amount of 33's & P's die down as people get hit with 3 points and cant afford to loose another 3 and then be suspended

So.. you don't like taking money, but you're going to get your mummy to pay for petrol? :glare:

Also take into account that the new graduated licencing system comes into play next year.

This means restrictions on driving high powered vehicles such as eight cylinder cars, cars with turbocharged or supercharged engines, and nominated high performance six-cylinder cars.

haha taking money from your parents is differnt from taking money off your mates

so thats next year, if you got/get your ps by the end of this yr, its cool yeh?

Edited by sillylankan

Get a GTS not a GTST. You won't be worrying about being pulled over, fuel will be better, they are cheaper to begin with and still have plenty of power.

GTS' are still very nice cars and there are a few on here. You don't want to be spending on your money on fuel as you will suddenly have an influx of "new" friends who want to be driven everywhere and will give you sod all for petrol. They are also plenty powerful enough for a new driver.

Forget about lining up against other cars on the road, don't become a statistic.

My 2c.

Its funny you say this. I spoke to a girl who drives an R33 GTS (NA) and I asked her how much she gets to a tank. She said just a tad over 400 KMs... I get 450 KMs and my car is turbo. Sure I dont drive like a dick but I do give it some.

Believe it when I see it.

Just because you haven't seen something first hand, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or doesn't happen.

I've never seen a volcano erupt, so to say that volcanos don't erupt just because I've never personally seen it happen, would be pure ignorance.

Plenty of people here have already stated that they've been caught driving a high powered vehicle, and had to suffer the consequences of fines.

Of these people, one has said they got 2 in 2 days, someone else has said they got 5 in a 12 month period.

The thread starter has also noted that they live in an area where imports are highly targeted by Police, due to the fact that they're easy targets because most have illegal modifications.

As well as losing points and getting a fine, you also have to stuff around returning everything to stock, then go out and get a roadworthy done, and once you think you're in the clear, a letter from the EPA arrives.

so thats next year, if you got/get your ps by the end of this yr, its cool yeh?

No, it's not cool.

There are already laws in place that say P platers aren't currently permitted to drive high powered vehicles.

You'll still be subjected to fines and loss of points, there are blanket laws which will be applied to all P platers.

However, you'll still be able to legally do things like use a hands free, and tow a trailer.

So.. you don't like taking money, but you're going to get your mummy to pay for petrol? :wave:

ok my cousin just gave vicroads a buzz, the new graduated licence system start on JULY OF 2008 and will not effect any other P'plater who has got their P's before this date. hoooraaayy :glare:

But you already drive an illegal car...

So... all that will happening is 3 demerits will be added to the fine that currently exists.

Doesnt matter if before or after the laws come into place, the car was illegal to begin with

But you already drive an illegal car...

So... all that will happening is 3 demerits will be added to the fine that currently exists.

Doesnt matter if before or after the laws come into place, the car was illegal to begin with

yes, have not purchased the car yet but i will take that risk. wont drive nuts, wont be a hoon. hopefully keep on the down low, its better than driving no turbo car at all for 3 years mate...

Edited by sillylankan

So the law is any NEW P-platers cant get turbos??? So if you got your P-plates like 2 years ago you can still purchase a turbo???

What if you already have a turbo car BEFORE the stupid law was introduced??

no no no, the new laws start july 2008, from then on p platers cannot drive turbos/v8s/supercharged, so if you have your ps or get them before july 2008, your fine :glare:

ok my cousin just gave vicroads a buzz, the new graduated licence system start on JULY OF 2008 and will not effect any other P'plater who has got their P's before this date.

You're still missing the point, it's currently illegal for P platers to drive high powered vehicles.

That means.... it's not legal now.

The facts: (note, this information has not come from someones cousin/friend/cat, it's directly from a Victorian Government road safety site.)

The new graduated licensing system will be introduced gradually over the next two years to make sure that young drivers are prepared for each new requirement as it is implemented.

The new learner permit rules will start from July 2007, as will the new high powered vehicle restrictions for P drivers.

All the new P1/P2 rules and the new driving test will start from July 2008.

http://www.arrivealive.vic.gov.au/c_youngGLS_1.html

sillylankan, people are already confused enough about this, please stop confusing the facts.