SAU Community

Help Me With My Boost Settings, Wastegate, Turbo Settings.

WogsRus

Ok all so please read the following post to get up to date.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...p;#entry2732110

So basicaly this is the problem.

I installed a new GIZZMO boost controller, and it apears that the controller is stuffed so getting a new one, but this morning it decided to work for a little bit.

So at a settign of 10% duty, i managed 10.6 psi, but the strange thing is that the boost is only 7psi below 4500rpm, then once the cam has swithed over, it goes up to 10.6psi. I can set the gain then, but i manage to get funny overshoots, and if i back it off, it is very slow to build boost.

The problem i am having, is that it appears there may be some issues with my wastegate. below 4500rpm the boost is steady at 7psi, and above it shoots up to 10psi, eaven with no boost controll, ie. direct coupled wastgate to IC piping. I pulled the cover off and checked the wastgate, and by presurising it with a pump, i could see it move a good 3cm, the wastage arm that is, I presume that is enough. I took the arm off to ensure that it has not moved or something, and it appears to be ok. The wastgate shuts nice and firm, but the boost overshoot has me warried. It makes me think that my wastgate is too small or something.

Now the car is a stock r33, with a FMIC, HPS pod, Flyen 3" belmouth dump, no cat and 3" exhaust. SAFC II tuned pump, etc etc and stock turbo.

I was also wandering if it can be the dump pipe or the cat, causing turbulance or something of that nature? Can it be my turbo dying as well?

ANYONE help. Can you also get a softer spring for the turbo to allow for better boost controll?

For all those with a GIZZMO IBC or simmilar problems, can you shed some light so that i know what to look out for.

FORGOT TO MENTION, my coils are stuffed and i need to run a gap of .6mm to be ok, can this cause problems too?

PLEASE

Edited by WogsRus